Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys its Paint had my cobalt for a while now and I'm looking for Ez mods i can do to make it go faster, besides exterior mods the engine is stock, Let me know if you have any tips or tricks anything helps.

Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
You mean top end or 0-60?

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
Most bolt on mods are pretty cheap. Get a TTR upper engine mount and you'll feel some improvement right away. I started with my suspension. Springs/shocks control arms, sway bars, strut bars etc. For engine Mods go with an intake/intake manifold, full exhaust and a trifecta tune. All are really easy mods and you'll feel a HUGE difference!

---------- Post added at 02:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 AM ----------

Also here is a good place to start if you are looking for some inexpensive things to do...
http://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/chevy-cobalt-owners-lounge/13069-mods-cost-less-than-100-a.html

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
It will stiffen up te engine so more of the engines horsepower will get to the wheels.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
You'll get noise!!! lol

---------- Post added at 02:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 PM ----------

If you are serious about 0-60 times, your best bet would be to open up your exhaust for probably a 12-15 hp gain. Or a quick and easy 0-60 boost is next time you are due for tires get some 195/45-15's, if you now have 195/60R15 now this will give you a 10% change final ratio. This would be the equivalente of bolting 20% more horsepower at the wheels. If your pushing 150HP it now feels like 180. You will dramatically increase your 0-60 but kill top end.

But you will need to drop your car for these to look good also you will need a Tech2 to recal your speedometer.

You'll burn everybody at the lights.

---------- Post added at 02:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 PM ----------

Oh, expect your MPG's to go down....

·
Say What again!
6,033 Posts
Welcome to the site!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.