Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I left window down and think shorted out locks cause buttons don't work no m ore on door for locks and u hear clicking from locks going up and down while car off or driving. Amd now that its cold out its draining my battery and I have to jump the car is there. A fuse where I can take out and stop power to the locks while I save up money to fix it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
So I left window down and think shorted out locks cause buttons don't work no m ore on door for locks and u hear clicking from locks going up and down while car off or driving. Amd now that its cold out its draining my battery and I have to jump the car is there. A fuse where I can take out and stop power to the locks while I save up money to fix it.
Theres a problem that occurs alot on cobalts where the lock button will outright stop working, that might be the problem since the car locks itself when it reaches a certain speed but the lock buttons dont work at the same time, you can order the buttons from ebay and its an easy fix, if that doesnt work you can get a control panel from the boneyard

hope that helps

·
Registered
286 Posts
I had a similar problem. While cleaning the door panel I got the cleaner into the switches. Should have removed the door panel completely or at least been careful around the switches. The lock button on the driver door would work intermittently. Replaced it and haven’t had a problem since. Opening it up it was green with corrosion on the contacts. So it was probably already damaged from the previous owner anyway. But the cleaner made it worse. I also need to buy new window and mirror switches. They sometimes don’t work easily.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts