Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone :),

I just purchased a brand new cobalt three weeks ago tomorrow. I have some quick questions for those of you who have modified your cars; after market decks, rims, etc. What are the restrictions when it comes to warranties for putting in stereo systems and what not? I have OnStar in my car and I know that Audio Express carries the after market OnStar harness for radios but will it effect my warranty etc? I was thinking of placing a double din in my car soon. Also what about HID lights etc? Thanks guys! I am glad to be here :).

·
Registered
856 Posts
Welcome! Pix please! Everyone will ask! lol... As for after market decks, I have one, but I don't have onstar... So I'm not sure what that will do... Everything else, I have not done! So I'm no help... Sorry! =)

·
Registered
992 Posts
Welcome to YC.

Wiring up an aftermarket deck does not affect warranty.
For HID's if you are putting them in your stock headlights then you want a 9007 bulb size. Check Mkulrey13 on here hes a vendor and he sells HID's.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
welcome. not much will void your warranty. if the part can be proven that it caused the problem it voids your warranty(but on that part only). basically, dont go boosted and you'll be fine

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
woo this is exciting!! a 2010 model! you might have the last year of the balt. welcome!! i pretty sure that any aftermarket stuff you add to the car will void warranty. but keep your stock parts cuz if something were to go wrong then you car has the possibility of still being stock hint hint

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Welcome. And do yourself a favor; Get the proper harness for your double din install. PAC makes one that supports onstar etc, you can buy it through crutchfield. It's a bit pricey, but once you wire it to the head unit, it's pretty much plug-and-play to the stock radio harness so it would not void warranty, and you could switch back to your stock radio really easy in case there's some problem in the future (but there won't be for that) I wrote a do-it-yourself thread for installing double din screen head units on here. Just search for it, should answer some of your questions. Need anything, hit me up!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.