Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay this is a brand new 2010 with only 800 miles on it. Since I drove it to Oklahoma City and back it has developed a squeak on the right side when it is wet which it has been last 3 days. Here's the thing, it only does it when it is wet and it only does it going forward over bumps or humps not backwards. Sounds like it's coming from the right front wheel area but I can't figure it out, has anyone else had this problem if so what solution did you find?

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
I had the very same "squeak" problem with mine when it was brand new. but It did it wet or dry. it was a small bolt in the right front wheel well behind the tire that holds the inner wheel well/mud flap on. it was just loose and had to be tightened. check that out.

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
yeah I'll go snap a pic and post it up.......

---------- Post added at 07:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 PM ----------

here it is. the bolt/screw circled in green is what gave me a squeak noise. don't mind the dirt lol

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Cobalts squeek more than two humping mice.

Its a GM thing. :notrust:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay so it definitely wasn't the screw, I took it into Chevy today and they said it was the bushings picking up road water because it has been raining here alot and they said it will squeak until it is dried out...Anyone else have this problem? Does anyone make Polyurethane Bushings for this one?

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Okay so it definitely wasn't the screw, I took it into Chevy today and they said it was the bushings picking up road water because it has been raining here alot and they said it will squeak until it is dried out...Anyone else have this problem? Does anyone make Polyurethane Bushings for this one?
Don't use Poly bushings... they don't take too kindly to the abuse Cobalt's put on them. They wear out faster than the regular ones.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.