Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a kit that came with a Bluetooth radio & two door speakers. The two door speakers are 6 1/2, will they fit my car and it’s a Sedan?

·
Registered
330 Posts
Depends on the depth of the speaker. If the magnet sits too far out, it may not fit without a little modification. I installed Bose 6.5 inch speakers in my front doors, out of a Mercedes. They fit fine. Although I want to say I had to drill some new holes. Also had to solder some connectors to make it work. But other than that, the size worked perfectly.

Now as for the stereo, be aware you need a harness to make it work perfectly. The harness that needs to be used is from Metra products. Part number is LC-GMRC-LAN-03. I believe you can make things work without it, but may have problems like being able to turn the stereo on and off with the key on or off. Also when the door is open it may not turn off without the kit. Also the door and lights on chimes will not sound, as well as the turn signal sound. This are sounds that actually are produced through the stereo and broadcast through the driver side door speaker.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts