Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, my heavily used 2010 Cobalt (95K) has developed a fuel fill problem where the pump shuts down every 75 cents worth or so....I understand this is a venting issue, but I'm not sure where to check for problems......Is the fuel vent line aligned with the filler tube ? .... I am also getting a P0446 CEL code, which I believe is related to the fuel fill issue......Any help is greatly appreciated ! .....John

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
EVAP Solenoid Valve (Location)

Thanks, but I'm not sure of the location of the solenoid valve ? Also, when I remove it to test, will I be able to drive to the gas station without problems ?

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Does it happen at every pump or just one particular station? There are a couple of gas stations that do this to me all the time, requiring me to pull the nozzle out slightly to keep a fill going. But at other stations it never happens. Sometimes I wonder if it has more to do with the particular shape of the fill nozzle at places. Of course, this is all speculative.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Happens Everywhere

No, this doesn't appear to be a gas pump issue as I have had this problem for the last month at 4 different stations.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Plus you have a code not the pump. You'll find it under the car in front of the spare tire compartment and behind the gas tank. 1/6th of a counterclockturn and you pull it out. It has the blue and red connector on it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.