Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So driving down the high way I hear an awful grinding sound coming from my blower motor. This weekend I've replaced:

The blower motor, old motor was obviously on its way out after pulling it out and hearing the sounds it was making.
Checked all fuses and the HVAC relay.
Replaced the blower motor resistor.

And it still doesn't blow at all. I've been looking around and it was suggested it might be the fan switch, the one recommended was the SW1465. does anyone know if it fits a 2010? What else can I check before I just start replacing stuff? I have work the next few days but I'm gonna get my multimeter out, what should I be seeing at the AC Blower Motor plug?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
The switch is pretty basic and I doubt it would get faulty from it's design. I would check the ground though, it always goes bad from corrosion.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The switch is pretty basic and I doubt it would get faulty from it's design. I would check the ground though, it always goes bad from corrosion.
Yeah, I didnt think it likely because when I turn the switch I can still feel cold air coming out the vents. I have the next few days off so I'm gonna check and make sure I'm getting 12v at the motor and then I'll go from there.

I did a bit more research and a few of your posts says the relevant ground is the G301. Is anything else grounded to that? I dont think it's a bad ground because this is the only electrical issue I'm having, and I live in a dry climate. I guess it could have gotten wet when my passenger side got flooded from the AC drain backing up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.