Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2010 Cobalt LT 5 speed manual, double din radio install help

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  TheOnlineCheat 
#1 ·
Hello everyone, fist I apologize if this is in the wrong section I did do a lot of searching but I have not been able to find my exact question.

I have a 10 Cobalt LT manual 5 speed. I wanted to install a touchscreen double din radio I purchased but when it comes to what I am required to buy I haven't been able to find a steady answer or really anything specific to my 2010 LT. I was not sure whether or not it differs from previous models so I wanted to be sure.

My car is equipped with Onstar integrated in my rearview mirror but it has no pioneer system or steering wheel controls. I came across everyone stating an interface is needed to retain the chimes etc etc but I do not care one bit for those. So really my question is,

is there just a regular wiring harness I can buy that will make the radio work? and is there also an adapter needed for the factory antenna? Besides those will I only need to purchase a double din trim kit to complete the install?

I really appreciate any information I can get. Again I apologize if this is a reoccurring topic I just wanted to ask the specifics myself to make sure I know I'm getting exactly what's needed to make it all work (minus the interface) thank you for any help in advance!!

-M.

See less See more
#2 ·
As far as I know, you should just be able to get a harness adapter (not sure on the part number - Scosche only lists the one that retains the chimes, I believe - keep in mind, this also means your turn signals) - I believe the antenna should fit right in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.