Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi just thought I'd share some info as i found there was not a lot out there on the rear hub. It is not an overly difficult job ( about an hour depending on corrosion)

I used this post for general instructions, from a 2005 but are identical to my 2010

http://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/maintenance/78513-how-replace-rear-hub.html

---------- Post added at 12:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 PM ----------

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
one very important lesson I learned was, plug your ABS wire in as soon as you can and make sure there are no service lights. I now have Service traction and ABS lights on, so I unplugged the new one and plugged the new one in and the service traction went away, but ABS stayed on... which is disturbing because it was not on before! Grrr

·
Registered
350 Posts
Nice tutorial. I hope to find it helpful for some. Whenever I had to change my rear hubs, I left the brake shoes in and I also undid the rear shock and removed the spring. It seemed impossible to access the nuts with the spring in the way. It looks like you were still successful. If you don't mind, I also have a video on replacing the rear hub, basically how I did it. But it really is a no-brainer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.