Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2010 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe SS Turbocharged Red 2dr Cpe SS

Price - $26,240

Jack Evans Chevrolet
125 S Royal Ave
FRONT ROYAL, VA 22630

May go down and look at it tomorrow. It sure is pretty !!! Just not sure if I want to go from a $200 payment up to $500 though. I only paid $10k for my car. What do you all think? Worth the jump from a 2006 2.4 auto, or just stick with my car?

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
damn I would love it..I test drove one..it's awesome...be careful shifting from first to second gear.you gotta get used to it..haha

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I drive a 10 speed Peterbilt everyday, driving manual is not new to me. However, whats tricky about the 1-2 shift?

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
It maybe overpriced, but.... If you are ever gonna get a new TC, you gotta do it now. I would not worry too much about the insurance, as they charge us older folks a little different, but you might want to check on it before buying.

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
Geico here. I was seduced by the Gecko. lol. Actually I have had them sense I was in the military in the early 90's. They gave good military discounts.

The new Camaro is the real reason I did not get a SS/TC balt. I plan on paying off my XFE, keeping it for the mpg as a DD and getting a sports car like another Z28. I am not really into the whole "sport compact" scene. I much prefer muscle.

Anyway, the insurance should be ok for OP as he is 38.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Came about to be 18 a month more for an SS with my Nationwide policy, just the interest rates at the time were killing me, so I decided to go for a car I could pay with cash for, vs one id have to make payments on.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I drive a 10 speed Peterbilt everyday, driving manual is not new to me. However, whats tricky about the 1-2 shift?
Torque-steer. It took me a bit of getting used to when I went from my 5 speed L61 G5 to the SS/SC with Stage II.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
oh sure Will, tell everybody I am an old fart. :( As for torque steer, its only a problem if you spin. It can also be minimized with engine and trans mounts. There is no way in hell I would pay 26k for it anyway, was going to offer them 18k as its a discontinued vehicle that the buying public has lost interest in. Not true but dealers dont know that.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
If you can get it down to 18K, you are probably one of the best hagglers here. The MSRP is ~24,273 according to KBB, but thats probably less options (Like RPD, G85...etc)

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Still debating on if I want to give up leather heated seats, the convenience of an auto, and that 200 payment for a new car with cloth seats and a turbo.

Decisions decisions.........

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.