Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, so I was looking through some other threads and noticed that the 2.4 IM and TB are a pretty popular mis tier mod. My question is, which cars are these parts coming from? I tried looking online for a cobalt 2.4 TB and IM and all I got were Malibu and HHR and Equinox parts. Are these the right parts, or what should I be looking for? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
As far as the intake manifold, your car should already have the upgraded one. For the throttle body, any 2.4 throttle body should work but you need to be tuned to use the throttle body

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Hey all, so I was looking through some other threads and noticed that the 2.4 IM and TB are a pretty popular mis tier mod. My question is, which cars are these parts coming from? I tried looking online for a cobalt 2.4 TB and IM and all I got were Malibu and HHR and Equinox parts. Are these the right parts, or what should I be looking for? Thanks in advance!
First let's start with, what year is your car? I am assuming you have a 2.2. If it is 05/06 sorry your basically out of luck as there is no tuning. 07+ you can ba tuned with HPTuners.

Below are links to ZZP they have the parts brand new, you maybe able to fine them cheaper on eBay or from part outs. Also I have an 06 2.4 in a local yard I can pull them from for you if you want to go that route.

LE5/2.4 Throttle Body

LE5/2.4 Intake Manifold

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As far as the intake manifold, your car should already have the upgraded one. For the throttle body, any 2.4 throttle body should work but you need to be tuned to use the throttle body
So the 2010 LT already has the manifold i want stock? Was that something GM changed later? Also I can buy any 2.4 TB from any GM car and it'll be the same connector?

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
So the 2010 LT already has the manifold i want stock? Was that something GM changed later? Also I can buy any 2.4 TB from any GM car and it'll be the same connector?
I don't know about which one is stock on the 2010. I know the 07 and 08 no it was not the stock manifold. As for the throttle body. I think there different years that had different pinouts for the harness.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't know about which one is stock on the 2010. I know the 07 and 08 no it was not the stock manifold. As for the throttle body. I think there different years that had different pinouts for the harness.
I shot you an email earlier in cases thats better for ya

1 - 6 of 6 Posts