Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
ok sliq, your a cool guy, and i like you, but you got it all wrong man.. lol.

that honda may seem riced and overpriced but it will wax the ss/tc around the track... everything on that car is functional... the wing is that big for a reason, and the "bodykit" was designed and tested in a aerodynamics lab.

before you guys start bashing you should do some research on Mugen..

mugen does non make cars to look cool and in style.. they make them to preform better than anything the factory could ever do...

and 64k isn't that bad for that car.. if you had to pay for every performance / non base model part im sure the price would be in the 100 thousands...

·
Registered
931 Posts
i think thats the one thats been out over in japan for a few years now....

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
Yea car is overrated imo, sorry JDM. And wax a balt tc? I worked one more than a street walker. Of course maybe if it had a good driver but eh, they are way to much money for a kit, wheels and a few other things. Do I hate 'em? nah, but to me its like, really you could of gotten something awesome but wasted your money on that?

·
Registered
931 Posts
doesnt look too bad but for 64k it needs a lot more power than it has
X2.... prolly moves out pretty good tho... and im sure it handles great.. my buddies 08 SI drives like its on rails....

·
Registered
455 Posts
i know mugen's a good company, but for 64k i'm definitely not just buying a Honda. i'll take half of it but my 2010 Camaro 2SS and then save the rest for a daily driver. it just doesnt seem worth it to me

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok sliq, your a cool guy, and i like you, but you got it all wrong man.. lol.

that honda may seem riced and overpriced but it will wax the ss/tc around the track... everything on that car is functional... the wing is that big for a reason, and the "bodykit" was designed and tested in a aerodynamics lab.

before you guys start bashing you should do some research on Mugen..

mugen does non make cars to look cool and in style.. they make them to preform better than anything the factory could ever do...

and 64k isn't that bad for that car.. if you had to pay for every performance / non base model part im sure the price would be in the 100 thousands...
Please justify paying $64k for a 4 cylinder with FWD and a body kit ugly as sin pushing only 237hp with 157lb of torque. For 24k LESS you could purchase the 2010 EVO with AWD and its 2xs faster. Even the Nissan 370z Nismo will SAVE you about $20k and looks better with more power.

Honda= FAIL

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Agree with the 370Z nismo being cheaper which doesnt make any sense for honda....im kinda disappointed. Im really down with import tuning, but it seems way too pricey for this civic. I'm sure it's light and has some great handling, but i'm not super keen on the shape, i absolutely detest hatchbacks, and the pricing is ridiculous. I do reeeally like the new civic si's though! (07-10) they are sexxy but still abit pricey at $32 000 CAD!

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
for 64 grand you get a lazy man's track car the thing will most likely shit on the cobalt just not in the 1/4 mile. those k20's will put out 240whp with just full bolt ons, this one has higher comp pistons, cams and i forget what else but I am sure it puts out around 260whp. that much power on an n/a 4 cyl in a beefed up grocery getter ain't nothin to **** wit.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.