Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wanting to upgrade the suspension and wheels/tires. What is the widest 16 I can put on the car without modification? What springs and struts and stuff is compatible with my model and year? Thanks for all the help....

·
Registered
992 Posts
Are you looking for performance upgrades in the suspension area or are you just looking to lower it? A good strut and shock upgrade is just going to the SS/TC shocks and struts as the handle much better than the base stocks and struts

·
Registered
992 Posts
Well then coilovers would do a great job, but your looking at around $900-$1000 the megan coilovers are something i would look into...but if you dont wanna go that expensive you can still go with the SS/TC shocks struts which will help your handling

·
Registered
462 Posts
as in for struts/shocks... if you don't have money... get 08-09 FE5 shocks/struts... if you DO have money then go with Koni Yellow struts and shocks... for springs if you DON'T got money, go with 2008 FE5 springs, it will lower the car a bit and improve handling by a lot vs our FE1 stock suspension.. if you got money then go with Eibach Sportline springs, it'll lower the car more than FE5 springs and will have a tad better handling

as in for tires, I wouldn't go bigger than 225 width for summer tires, no wider than 195-205s for winter, unless you're planning on doing some crazy driving.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.