Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Automatic transmission, just over 36K miles, engine replaced last year with no problems since then. Lately it has been having a hard time "knowing" when to shift in the lower gears (1st to 2nd to 3rd is all I've noticed), e.g. it will rev way up almost to 4000 (probably more if I let it) and won't shift automatically unless I take my foot off the gas, at which point it will usually shift. Also, yesterday from a dead stop it didn't go into gear and I had to push it to the side of the road, turn it off, restart it, put it in reverse and then drive at which point it worked again.

Any ideas what it is? Money's a bit tight at the moment, so I'm hoping it's just a transmission fluid leak or I need a flush or something. Any help would be very much appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Did you check the TCM fuses. There are 2 one in the underhood fuse block and one in the BCM fuseblock. They might not be burnt but they might have corrosion on them. So try replacing both these fuses and see what it does. You may also want to disconnect the "TCM" and reconnect just to clean the contacts of the connector.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.