Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

I have been doing a 6 speed conversion. I drove it with the 6 speed and found out the tob was leaking down so I pulled the trans back out to install a new tob and a spacer. Now that its back together the car doesn't start. It simply turns over slowly for a couple seconds and then faster than normal but does not start. I have checked the two grounds to the trans and they were perfect. I then reinstalled them even tighter and checked the surface of the grounding area. I have done new plugs and gapped the same .32 I think. I checked the under hood fuses but I have yet to find the issue. I can charge the battery fully and then after cranking once it drops to 10.8 - 11.4v but then charges right back up. I also tried a reputable battery and had same results. I am clueless. I spoke with ZZP and they were saying some sort of wiring but the only wire I have disconnected was the speed sensor and the other trans mission sensor. They are both hooked up. They did say to check the wiring under the fuse box since I had to move it around to do the install. Does anyone have any idea on which wiring plug under the fuse box to check or any other opinions on the culprit in question? I have been fighting this issue since early December and read all kinds of post so believe me when I say it I have researched! lol

Thanks in advance, and Leevicious if you're on here buddy whats been up? Idk if you remember but I had a red cobalt ss a couple years back and was making near 500whp with it. We used to talk a bunch about a meth kit for it.

·
Say What again!
6,033 Posts
@leevicious is still here, now and again. Maybe the mention will bring him out of hiding! :laugh:

So the trans really shouldn't cause any starting issues...if it turns over faster than normal...almost makes it sound like it doesn't have compression. But for it to suddenly not have compression when it was fine before isn't right...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.