Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey what happened to the new 2011 cobalt i havent seen one because i have been saving up for one since 08

·
Rocket Power
711 Posts
Sorry, 2010 was the last year for the Balt...Cruze replaced he Cobalt in 2011. :notrust:

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
The Cobalt only had a 5 year blitzkreig of about a million cars. 2010 is the newest you're gonna find.

If you were wanting to buy a "new" one, you could go with a 2008 SS. They'll cost about as much as a brand new LS would've gone for had they kept making them.

·
Registered
252 Posts
^^^What rocket said. The 2011 Cobalt is called the Cruze. Basically left over Saturn Ion bodies with new front and rear end "sheet metal", and reworked interior.
That more describes the cobalt. Cruze shares nothing significant with the ion. It's a much more sedate car, nicer interior, quieter, smoother, better mileage, but not the same driving experience ( heavier, live rear axle instead of semi independent, less power)

2012 Focus is probably your best for replacing a balt. Independent rear suspension + 160 hp.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
It is just the Cruze from the side from gas cap to the edge of the front door, has pretty much the same lines and doors as the Ion sedan, esp the back door. Now everything else is new.

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
good 2 know when i got mine it was the last year....
But bad that it had 2 end after i got mines.....

Owell!!!

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
what a noob post.
What a noob member ^. Don't call someone a noob for asking a question. It's what this site was made for. Her has more posts than you so in actuality you're the noob. Noob.

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
That more describes the cobalt. Cruze shares nothing significant with the ion. It's a much more sedate car, nicer interior, quieter, smoother, better mileage, but not the same driving experience ( heavier, live rear axle instead of semi independent, less power)

2012 Focus is probably your best for replacing a balt. Independent rear suspension + 160 hp.
Live rear axle? It's front wheel drive. It's nothing live.

It's Z-link...which is just another take on a solid rear axle, which we have.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Whatever, I meant solid, I use the two terms the same way.

Cobalt is semi independent in the rear I believe, or so I read from some spec sheet.

---------- Post added at 05:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:30 PM ----------

Semi independent torsion beam, no?

vs. solid axle z-link.

Or that's what I thought anyway.

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
That more describes the cobalt. Cruze shares nothing significant with the ion. It's a much more sedate car, nicer interior, quieter, smoother, better mileage
Not if you are me. lol I beat the cruze's EPA HWY numbers, and my numbers are the combined city and highway over the course of a year.

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
Then someone with a Cruze should be able to beat your mileage driving the same way on the same mix.

And zimzim, our rear suspension isn't semi-independent, it would have to have a split in the middle. Right now it's just like having a rwd car with a solid axle back there. Nothing special, but works very well.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Then someone with a Cruze should be able to beat your mileage driving the same way on the same mix.

And zimzim, our rear suspension isn't semi-independent, it would have to have a split in the middle. Right now it's just like having a rwd car with a solid axle back there. Nothing special, but works very well.
Typical of any uni-body frame car.........

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.