Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
haha, I dunno maybe once chevy goes on their diet plan and dumps saturn, pontiac, saab, and hummer they can afford to do some r&d and come out with some stuff of their own. Right now, I think ford is playing the game pretty smart.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
mustangs are still heavy and handle like shit. /thread
:noworry:

·
Registered
273 Posts
I've made prototype parts for that model stang at work =)

We are now ready for production of those parts.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I'm not gonna lie, it looks great. Should evenly match the 2010 Camaro SS now with the extra displacement. I love Chevy and the Camaro with all my heart, but they went wrong making it so heavy. I know it handles good and all, but it needs a ton of ponies to get going- the Stang is 300lbs lighter I think.

·
Registered
507 Posts
well i look at it this way, in a way gm had no choice but to put all the extras on there for" modern luxery"

people where going to ***** if they didnt have heated leather seats and all that bullshit

and people are going to ***** for it being to heavy for all the extra weight all that fancy stuff adds.

what people need to remember is the camaro is a MUSCLE CAR...IMO to save weight the only thing they need thats modern is electirc windows. and if people dont like that then they arnt cut out for a muscle car.

but then again this isnt the 60's or 70's...its all about pure profit now.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
^ Precisely... I'm one of the old school guys, give me power windows/locks/ mirrors.. A big ass engine with a light weight platform, and let her rip.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well i look at it this way, in a way gm had no choice but to put all the extras on there for" modern luxery"

people where going to ***** if they didnt have heated leather seats and all that bullshit

and people are going to ***** for it being to heavy for all the extra weight all that fancy stuff adds.

what people need to remember is the camaro is a MUSCLE CAR...IMO to save weight the only thing they need thats modern is electirc windows. and if people dont like that then they arnt cut out for a muscle car.

but then again this isnt the 60's or 70's...its all about pure profit now.
Honda tried this with their s2000 by making the s2000 cr which came without many of the come luxuries of today! But where honda failed is by charging more for the car....dumb. However the new 5.0 is producing more than before at like 400hp now. I forget what the ss is but if the stang is lighter than the ss it will equal out and should be a good race. I'm not bias on either personally I just would like to see gm get back up and keep this going....

As far as the handling is being talked about both cars handle like boats along with the challenger, keep in mind thats not what these cars are meant for so there isn't really a point there to be made in my opinion. If you want to talk hp and handling talk corvette and viper and gt...those are the handling/hp cars from america not challenger, camaro, mustang.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
IMO, i dont like the new mustangs, they look like they got stepped on.. and i dont like the rear end of the camaro.. i think they destroyed the appearance of the camaro...bring back the damn classic!.
I agree on the camaro, they killed the design of it. To me it just looks effin huugggeeee!!! I like the more aggressive front end of the mustang still not to crazy on the rear of it though. Challenger is by far the best retrospec of the classic version!

·
Registered
992 Posts
I don't know why you guys are hatin on the mustang, Im so glad they brought back the 5.0 L and if it still has improved fuel economy ill drool, making only 10 less hp than the camaro at 300 or so pounds less is definately an upgrade for for....I like what they are doing as a car company

·
Registered
255 Posts
I agree on the camaro, they killed the design of it. To me it just looks effin huugggeeee!!! I like the more aggressive front end of the mustang still not to crazy on the rear of it though. Challenger is by far the best retrospec of the classic version!
i agree about the challenger. they shouldnt have made them so effin wide, its like a tank.

---------- Post added at 11:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 PM ----------

I don't know why you guys are hatin on the mustang, Im so glad they brought back the 5.0 L and if it still has improved fuel economy ill drool, making only 10 less hp than the camaro at 300 or so pounds less is definately an upgrade for for....I like what they are doing as a car company
dont get me wrong. i love the 5.0 but they didnt do it justice look wise. i'd take a foxbody 5.0 anyday over one of the new ones..

·
Registered
255 Posts
foxbody looks like a granny grocery getter.

but thats just me, i will hate on ford no matter what..aha
the only purpose mine would have is driving in a straight line for about eight seconds at a time xD

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.