Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I was just curious on you alls opinion on Toyota Tacoma's. I'm looking to purchase a truck in a few months if things keep going well in my Army career. . .I feel I need something I'm less likely to speed in and can throw my gear in the back. The first thing that comes to mind is a Tacoma 4dr TRD Sport, the Sport is the level above the "TRD Offroad" basically it has a color matched bumper, hood scoop, and color matched door handles from what I can see. Also it has a graphite interior available. I like the dark graphite paint too btw...just curious on you alls opinion on the truck...

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh? I'm planning on modifying it too, nothing crazy or anything...I need something rugged, but not fullsize...Id be looking to trade my balt in and add income taxes...also looking for decent mpg so I can drive home when without raping my bank, idk how far away im going to be stationed, cant wait to redo my contract for active duty tuesday! OMFG!

So any suggestions for a mid-size SUV or truck? I like Trailblazers ALOT and also the 8cyl 4dr Colorado/Canyons are nice.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
my personal opinion with midsize trucks is that they are kind of useless.. with the trucks out now-a-days you can get a full size truck that gets 15mpg or a midsize with 19mpg.. Id personally get a full size if I were you..

as far as the tacoma goes, my uncle just got a new one this last year. He seems to swear by his toyota trucks, thats all he has ever owned and he never had issues. You shouldnt run into problems with it, but id still look at a full size option if i were you. The higher capabilities in towing and space is worth the 5 mpg loss your going to see with them. You can find used ones for comparable prices to that new tacoma too.

just my .02

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
I drove a 2011 Chevy 1/2 ton two weeks ago and was not impressed with that $30K truck. It was an LT and had less than my LS in the DIC, the truck only had an odometer, thermometer and a gas guage. It did have cruise though, but did not seem to have the power my 10 yr old Ram has. Seats were not that comfy and it did ride good, just not that impressed with it.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't want to do a fullsize due to the fact that I want to buy new, and they are wicked big and expensive, also insurance would pound me, I'm not looking to do ANY offroading. Just looking forward to be able to go over speed bumps..haha..and as for towing, none...at the most a fourwheeler in the bed...just looking for something as I said...less likely to be reckless, and something I can throw all my skanky ass army stuff in after coming out of the field...and they have 36month/36k bumper to bumper.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
see the thread name?
is it the north pole truck? no....lol

The Tacomas I was looking at were about 31-33k

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I didnt get the price on one of those yet (colorado) the dealership near me had NO Colorados at all...they said the sold a 8cyl 4dr earlier that week though.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.