Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
ya i saw this the other day from a friend on FB.

I feel sorry for all those guys that went an got the SS an put all that money into it an the money they been saving for them to come out with this... Like WTF!

·
Say What again!
6,000 Posts
Oh yeah, it's jizztastic.

·
Registered
611 Posts
numbers?

·
Say What again!
6,000 Posts
It's not meant to be.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Nice. But they should've just called it the Z28 IMO. ZL1 sounds kinda corny.

·
Say What again!
6,000 Posts
Why? It's a huge throwback to the factory Monster ZL1-engined cars from 1969.

·
Say What again!
6,000 Posts
Yeah, but it's also bigger. And has four more airbags...but yes, it is a pig. I don't see it changing from that until it moves to the smaller, lighter Alpha platform.

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
Nice. But they should've just called it the Z28 IMO. ZL1 sounds kinda corny.
The ZL1 was a MONSTER in and of its self. Produced in 169 it was a sleeper of ungodly proportions. An all aluminum 427 that put out an advertised 425 HP. Advertised meaning for insurance purposes. The real figure was approaching 500. No special badging or body additions. In fact it came with body color rims. This was a race car in base coupe's clothing. Chevy only produced 69 of these. This car could of financed Goodyear for the rest of the century!

So I have no problem with them coding it the ZL1.

Rumors are they are gonna still produce a Z28, but we might have to wait another 6 mos to hear about it.

·
Registered
446 Posts
The ZL1 was a MONSTER in and of its self. Produced in 169 it was a sleeper of ungodly proportions. An all aluminum 427 that put out an advertised 425 HP. Advertised meaning for insurance purposes. The real figure was approaching 500. No special badging or body additions. In fact it came with body color rims. This was a race car in base coupe's clothing. Chevy only produced 69 of these. This car could of financed Goodyear for the rest of the century!

So I have no problem with them coding it the ZL1.

Rumors are they are gonna still produce a Z28, but we might have to wait another 6 mos to hear about it.
Sorry I didn't know that there was a ZL-1 back in 1969. lol. But I thought the new Z28 was supposed to be this exact model from what I've read.

·
Say What again!
6,000 Posts
The speculation was that the Z28 name plate would be used for this.

But it's likely a new Z28 will be more back to its roots, and compete with the Boss 302.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.