Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looks like the Sonic which will be the replacement for the Aveo will get the Cruze treatment with a nice interior.

Looks to be bigger then all the other cars in it's segment so it will probably be close to Cavalier size.

The bonus is that it gets the 1.4 turbo with 138 hp which is 18 more then the Ford Fiesta and I can guess it's a good 400 lbs less then the Cruze which should give it the pep that is missing from the Cruze lineup.

Also I like some of the aero done with smaller grill opening which combined with a small efficient engine and light weight should give off 30+ mpg city and 40+ highway and hopefully a decent 0 - 60 time.

Can't wait to get some more info.
Might actualy skip out on the Cruze Eco for a next car if they get close to same mpg and I can save a few grand.

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
Yep - and you can get the 1.4L Turbo with the 6-speed manual. Corvette engineers designed the suspension. I bet it'll be a lot of fun!

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Not a replacement as much a rename.

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
Because it is. It looks sweet, very trendy, has a great interior for the segment. The powertrain and handling setup should kick ass. All in all, an extremely fun vehicle to own, for cheap. How couldn't I like it?

·
Registered
127 Posts
sounds like a huge improvement over the aveo. my dads got an aveo, i drove it, its gay as hell. this new sonic is much less gay than the aveo, except they called it a sonic, so therefore its back to being just as gay. it does look better and has enough power tho, so im conflicted i guess, but i still wouldnt buy one, theyre just too small.

·
Registered
175 Posts
sounds like a huge improvement over the aveo. my dads got an aveo, i drove it, its gay as hell. this new sonic is much less gay than the aveo, except they called it a sonic, so therefore its back to being just as gay. it does look better and has enough power tho, so im conflicted i guess, but i still wouldnt buy one, theyre just too small.
Not that I like the Sonic, and definitely don't like the Aveo, but this whole statement just bugs the tar out of me. Why do people who think something is bad like to substitute gay in there? FTL!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Compared to the Aveo it's a HUGE step forward, though I think the Ford Fiesta looks better.

I'm hoping that the Sonic comes in at around or below the $15k that they are selling the Fiesta Hatch for. Since the Cruze Eco is at $18k base I wouldn't mind driving something a little ugly to save $3,000+ if they get close to the same gas mileage. I'm expecting better highway on the Cruze due to tricky aero bits and better city on the Sonic due to the expected lower weight.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I'll get one in blue and have the rims painted red ;)

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
The only way you could pull it off is if you had a blue Sonic with red rims and white center caps.

---------- Post added at 11:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 PM ----------

I'll get one in blue and have the rims painted red ;)
And I totally did not read this comment before I posted. :blink:

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
hmmm...I like it, but why "sonic?" I love the exterior styling, the powertrain and suspension seem like they'll be more than decent for the size of the car, but the interior seems kinda stupid looking to me. It seems like they are trying too hard for some kind of extraterrestrial/futurama look. I dunno, it might grow on me. But yeah the name's gotta go.

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
Umm, that IS the production car.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.