Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never been crazy about hatchbacks, but this one caught my eye. This looks pretty sexy and the performance specs look great. Comes with a turbocharged 4 cylinder pushing 266 hp and 258 lb-ft of torque. Six speed manual or an DSG (auto) 7 speed trans. Can't wait to see this on the streets. I can possible see this as my next ride. Would definately make a great tuner car.

2012 Volkswagen Golf R First Drive

·
Registered
446 Posts
All at a price of $28,000.....or more! Cool car but more than likely it's going to be horribly expensive.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I smell car of the year coming. The car magazines already love the hell out of the current Golf GTI. 266 HP plus AWD wrapped in VW goodness? Yeah, game. over.

And this thing is going to be a beast on the street and on the track too. I really want to see how this thing performs.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I smell car of the year coming. The car magazines already love the hell out of the current Golf GTI. 266 HP plus AWD wrapped in VW goodness? Yeah, game. over.

And this thing is going to be a beast on the street and on the track too. I really want to see how this thing performs.
Exactly! What I also love is that it's a "sleeper" car too. This thing would walk all over most bmw's,audi's, ect at stoplights. Especially when it's well modded.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Exactly! What I also love is that it's a "sleeper" car too. This thing would walk all over most bmw's,audi's, ect at stoplights. Especially when it's well modded.
Hmmm...I wouldn't go that far. Not just yet. I want to see how much this thing weighs, 0-60 times and quarter mile before going that far.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
ive been very impressed with volkswagons new models coming out lately.. ive been thinking of getting a golf or jetta after my balt sees its day... but thats not for at least 4-5 more years so I try not to think about that too much.. Golf R FTW! looks so nice!

·
Say What again!
6,000 Posts
Glad they added more power, cause I kicked the shit out of a new GTI on the way to work a couple months ago. Then found out the guy worked at my company. :laugh:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hmmm...I wouldn't go that far. Not just yet. I want to see how much this thing weighs, 0-60 times and quarter mile before going that far.
Well, 0-60 and quarter mile..i have no clue. But it weighs 3188 pounds. Below one of the pictures it says that "the AWD contributes to the 3,188 pounds."

And the car is very sweet. I have always wanted a Golf. For years!

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
oooo i like it! too bad its AWD
Fixed....

---------- Post added at 08:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

Meh, I owned a Geo Metro for some time ago, and don't really need a car that looks like it. lol
You and I know that this car looks 1000000x's better than a Geo Metro :laugh:

·
Premium Member
1,044 Posts
where the **** is GM at?????

all we got is the vette.. its my absolute favorite car but damn. cant afford a c6 zo6 right now..

the only other cars i liked.... sky....solstice....g8...gto...all got discontinued.. WTF.. are we supposed to do??????

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

all we got is the vette.. its my absolute favorite car but damn. cant afford a c6 zo6 right now..

the only other cars i liked.... sky....solstice....g8...gto...all got discontinued.. WTF.. are we supposed to do??????
I know right? I've lost all hope with GM at this point.

·
Registered
600 Posts

lol agreeddd, i liked those! g8 was alright.

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
"The 2012 Volkswagen Golf R will be a limited edition of between 1,500 and 3,000 cars, with prices starting at $32,500 or so for a manual-equipped two-door." A roughly 260 HP, 260 ft-lb turbocharged 4-cyl manual two-door for $32,500? My TC was 10k less. Ya gotta drink a swimming pool full of Euro Kool-Aid to go for that kind of deal.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.