Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For those of you in the area or plan on visiting this summer here is the most up to date schedule I have. I believe this is going to be official for the year.

Typically there are two novice schools, so if I get a date I will add it here. Let me know if anyone is interested in going or even just coming to spectate. I will most likely be at 80-90% of these events if my schedule allows (minus novice and teen schools). We are trying to work out having ride allongs during race time to peak interest in the sport so I might be able to take you for a ride. I know Test and Tunes I definately can do that!! Enjoy and see ya around.

April 20th&21st: Novice class & AutoX training @ Midway Stadium
May 4th &5th: MOWOG 1&2 @ Valley Fair (Registered for 1, GF B-day is during the 2nd so no dice there)
June 8th: Teen Driving School @ Midway Stadium *Working this event
June 15th: Test and Tune @Dakota County Tech College (DCTC) Not attending unless someone wants to ride with.
June 16th: MOWOG 3 @ DCTC *Registered
June 21st-23rd: MAP Proving Grounds @ Brainerd International Raceway (BIR) *Not attending
June 30th: COM Met Council event @DCTC
July 20th: Intermediate Class @DCTC *Registered
July 21st: Test and Tune (members only for driving) @ DCTC
August 4th: MOWOG 4 @ Midway Stadium
August 17th: MOWOG 5 @ Midway Stadium
September 6th-8th: MAP fall Proving Grounds @ BIR
September 15th: COM Met Council Event @ DCTC
September 28th&29th: MOWOG 6&7 @ Canterbury
October 6th: MOWOG 8 @ Midway Stadium

You can check my show off for a couple videos from last year if you arent sure!

:thanks:thanks:thanks:thanks:thanks:thanks

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
would be fun if i can participate!

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The only one you cant drive is the test and tune. The rest, pending you drive your car out here, you can compete in.

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
yea which probably wont happen!

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Money talks Bronx! Maybe you pay for dinner one night and we can co-drive in a comp. Let me know when you want to come out and we can make arrangments.

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
im looking at september!

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
The Canterbury events (end of Sept.) are a lot of fun and you could get two days in since they are back to back. I wouldn't suggest you driving at the proving grounds (but holly crap it is fun to go to!!) if you just want to experience it. It's about 80 miles north of me and its camping and spectating for like $50-75 for Fri,Sat,Sun. race entries vary by race type and are seperate.

Otherwise the COM event mid September is really layed back (Corvettes of MN) and we stomp the crap out of the old corvettes. That course is the one I have a lot of video from.

---------- Post added at 12:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 PM ----------

Here is the official video for AutoX from 2011 and overall 2012 Proving grounds if you want to get an idea of what it is like.
Autocross - MAP Proving Grounds 2011 - Boosted Films - YouTube

And here is the link to the site so you can check out all the cool stuff that goes on for the weekend.
MAP's Proving Grounds - Welcome

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
yea seen that video when you posted it last month its pretty sweet. when in september idk but it seems like the best time for me

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just let me know, I'll be here all of September!

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bump for anyone in MN interested in racing or just coming out and watching this year. The novice school is fast aproaching and early registration for the first two MOWOG events have opened. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sad until you get back with enough cash to put your own tires on your car!! :nahnah

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Final reminder for anyone in the area interested in racing this year. Our first event is this Sat/Sun. I'll be there Saturday, but not Sunday. If you have questions feel free to PM me or post here.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Considering going to Eau Claire, WI for a race on June 9th. Anyone in the WI area interested? Preregister is $30, $40 at the door.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.