Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
4681 - 4700 of 6786 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
Haha yes but subarus are very reliable they gotta be since that's what 80% or ppl here in Colorado drive and we are talking like the 90s subarus. Crazy tho Subaru recommends changing your diff fluid every 30k. Been looking up reliability of these wrxs and no one is having any problems with them so far and that's with 50-60k on them already.

---------- Post added at 05:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 PM ----------

The wrx does the same thing that your st does which is that brake vectoring stuff. Cant wait to take it up into the mountains and test it out but even with just having fun on the streets I like it better when its turned off. The car just doesn't need it.
Yeah the st has good reliability too.. which Is why I decided to mod. There's a guy that documents his mileage and repairs on the forum and he has over 350000 miles on his cause he drives for work. No major repairs either aside from something to do with the A/C I think. My ex coworker had an outback and she changed her oil like 1 time through 60,000 miles and it didn't have major problems lol which is pretty crazy

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
The Denali is a luxury truck/suv.

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
Also yeah, the brake vectoring does it's job great through the hills and turns.. but it does nothing for a launch lol which is why I'd like a lsd.. I've never driven a fwd car that drives like the st.. and that's why I love it. Even reviews and pros say it feels like rwd.. until you launch it lol

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Yeah the st has good reliability too.. which Is why I decided to mod. There's a guy that documents his mileage and repairs on the forum and he has over 350000 miles on his cause he drives for work. No major repairs either aside from something to do with the A/C I think. My ex coworker had an outback and she changed her oil like 1 time through 60,000 miles and it didn't have major problems lol which is pretty crazy
Lol poor Subaru motor. Ya I'm still going to wait probably for at least a year or two before power mods and see more of the reliably of these wrx since they are all new. Brand new motor, brand new tranny, new body, new brake vectoring stuff so a lot of untested stuff from Subaru.

Honestly Idk if I would even upgrade to an sti since I plan on keeping it for at least 5 years. The wrx has the better and so far looking like more reliable motor vs the sti. Handles mods better, Only thing you don't get is the differentials which sucks but I don't track my car so its not needed really, the brakes but those can be swapped onto the wrx as far as I know, and not much else. Plus after 5 years my wrx would smoke an sti haha

---------- Post added at 05:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 PM ----------

You can swap pretty much all the sti parts onto the wrx besides those front, center and rear diffs.

---------- Post added at 05:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 PM ----------

One of my first mods tho will be a better sound system. I miss my ss tc stereo system compared to this stock crappy one in the wrx. If only I got it with the harmon kardon system but even people are saying that one isn't that great either and not worth the money.

---------- Post added at 06:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 PM ----------

Eventually would love to get the oem+ 500+ system that comes with two subs mounted on each side of the trunk.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Been noticing a knocking sound when I'm on the highway on the lower left side of the dash. Has been driving me insane because I can only hear it while going 100km/h+ and at that speed I need to be careful about looking around.

This morning on a hunch when I got to work I reached into my wheel well and found an inner fender clip missing. Just replaced the clip so tomorrow I'll hopefully be able to check it out.

---------- Post added at 08:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 PM ----------

Lol poor Subaru motor. Ya I'm still going to wait probably for at least a year or two before power mods and see more of the reliably of these wrx since they are all new. Brand new motor, brand new tranny, new body, new brake vectoring stuff so a lot of untested stuff from Subaru.

Honestly Idk if I would even upgrade to an sti since I plan on keeping it for at least 5 years. The wrx has the better and so far looking like more reliable motor vs the sti. Handles mods better, Only thing you don't get is the differentials which sucks but I don't track my car so its not needed really, the brakes but those can be swapped onto the wrx as far as I know, and not much else. Plus after 5 years my wrx would smoke an sti haha

---------- Post added at 05:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 PM ----------

You can swap pretty much all the sti parts onto the wrx besides those front, center and rear diffs.

---------- Post added at 05:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 PM ----------

One of my first mods tho will be a better sound system. I miss my ss tc stereo system compared to this stock crappy one in the wrx. If only I got it with the harmon kardon system but even people are saying that one isn't that great either and not worth the money.

---------- Post added at 06:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 PM ----------

Eventually would love to get the oem+ 500+ system that comes with two subs mounted on each side of the trunk.
Factory systems normally aren't. The pioneer system in the cruze is night and day better than the base audio, however for the 2016.5+ models gm has dropped pioneer and went back to Bose.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I haven't heard it yet so I'll reserve judgement as I like the bose in my dad's Tahoe.

That subaru 500+ system sounds legit though

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I gotta take a pic of my rear bumper the wrx comes with two missing clips one on each side of the rear bumper from factory. They aren't used but it's weird that they made holes in the bumper for them.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,690
WRX are as nice as they get.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Right? So literally its pointless to upgrade the headlights on my wrx to the sti ones. Only difference is the base/premium ones like mine have a bigger projector in them so therefore it doesn't have the middle accent light like the sti and then mine uses all halogen bulbs vs the sti has hid low beams and the c light aka the swish light in the headlights have an led bulb. None of the wrx's or sti's have hid hig beams since the inner halogen bulb is the high beam. Sti lights are 1300 bucks vs I can upgrade to hid lows, custom led c light, and led high beam bulb for like 200 bucks.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,692
If you like buttered popcorn!

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Wow coby is back. Coby hurry up and get your Buick. You aren't getting any younger

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,695
I think you should go on a Subaru forum if you want to brag your bucket. I really don't want to hear about your misfortune on here.

---------- Post added at 09:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

Dustinb855 sarcasm dude

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I think you should go on a Subaru forum if you want to brag your bucket. I really don't want to hear about your misfortune on here.

---------- Post added at 09:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

Dustinb855 sarcasm dude
Too late quoted the first part I win!

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,697
Sorry you got suckered into the whole Subaru propaganda and jumped right in.....

---------- Post added at 09:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

I pleed the fifth

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,699
I still like burning the WRX at green lights with my 2004 400,000 kilometer Mitsubibishi in one inch of snow.

---------- Post added at 10:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

Some AWD system they have when they can't even keep up with an SUV.

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 PM ----------

Some people easily get influenced by expensive commercials.

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
The wrx is a great tuner platform but I feel they're over priced for what you get.. although with mods they're well worth the money. I liked the old body style more though.. the new one likes kinda like a Toyota or an old man's car. Idk just my opinion lol but anyway I just bought some silverstar zxe halogen bulbs and holy crap are they amazing.. even compared to some HIDS these things are great

---------- Post added at 05:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

I'd recommend them to anyone wanting awesome night visibilitt. Which should be everyone lol

4681 - 4700 of 6786 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.