Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
So at 237687 miles on her, my clutch is finally starting to slip! yep! Had to put in a alternator about two months ago and now this! So, very mechaniclly inclined and want to do it myself. Any suggestions out there? Have heard I dont have to un bolt the engine. Thanks people!

I did buy it with 46000 miles on it in 2009 and is a 2.4 SS aspirated of course but VERY happy with performance and horse power. Still a solid runner! Mobile 1 and premium fuel since i have had her. 3 sets of tires and a few brake jobs on vented/slotted rotors with ceramic pads. Just to keep the wheels nice.

Crap! I cant believe i just read this! I put it down at 137 and its at 237 thousand miles! Duh! Jeez, who's the new guy?...

·
Registered
55 Posts
Congratulations on making it past 200k miles! I used this write up when I replaced my clutch: https://app.box.com/shared/35cb5d8e1179737b6a45 , its not too hard but there is a lot of disassembly, making it time consuming. The write up uses a cobalt ss with the f35 transmission but it is generally the same process. I would recommend buying a new flywheel instead of resurfacing the old one and a new slave cylinder/throw out bearing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.