Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright guys,

this has been a dream of mine for a long time, maybe about 4-5 years now... as ive stated in the past, ive got that old 94 lt1 engine laying around. (outta an old z28 wrecked parts car) that has been dyeing for a new home.. so i was thinking how about a 240sx.. as its new home.. but i dont know the first thing about any issues i would have, i was hopeing some of the drift guys would be able to help me out.. ive herd the cross member is about 2500$ and i would prolly have to drop around 7-800 into the drive trian alone.. im nowhere near rich... lol im pretty mechanicly able to handle a task like this... i was just looking for advice..as like.. what year car would be easyest, what parts to use where to get them and such.. hell maybe one of u have done this before...

thanks guys,

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
One of the guys on a forum I used to be on did the swap. it's definately doable

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
I put a 4.3 into my Jeep Wrangler, that was a 15K project in itself, and those are common swaps. You will need the computer and all wiring, mounts, transmission, an axle that can handle everything,suspension, etc. i have seen 280Z cars with 350 chevys, so it is possible. Question is do youhave/want to dump that much money into a vehicle that youmore than likely will not see anything near what you put into returned. This will be a project just for you, you may never be able to unload it, it has taken me 6 months to sell my Jeep.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
haha thanks guys, i still gotta find a car tho.. so im deff not ready to start just yet.. i was gunna go looking this weekend for a car.. i like the newer body style but im told the old school 240 is easyer to work with... i was also told my OBD 1 lt1 would be the best way to go becouse i wont have to mess with the smog stuff too much.. so it seems as tho im off on a good start... ill post pics of my progress on here and keep everyone posted... byw ANY ideas welcome... this is my first drift build i could use the help...

·
Registered
802 Posts
honestlt the lt1 in a 240 is more of a drag build then a drift build.. dont get me rong it's a tire fryer from hell but you'd be better off dragging the car then trying to drift it.

·
Cornier Than Ethanol
866 Posts
Already been done with Chevy V-8s and you cannot touch those beasts, and they are regular production motorcycles.
Psssh... That's still doing it wrong. Dodge Tomahak ftw!!! lol

---------- Post added at 11:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 PM ----------

Oh man! That would be beyond sweet!! Got a link?
I'll see if I can find it.

---------- Post added at 11:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 PM ----------

K... still looking. All I can find is links to 300zx's with LS1's in them. I know I've seen the LS2 in them though, too...

But, to keep this fun too, here's something a little more modern with a LS2 swap... OMG!!

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
haha thanks guys, i still gotta find a car tho.. so im deff not ready to start just yet.. i was gunna go looking this weekend for a car.. i like the newer body style but im told the old school 240 is easyer to work with... i was also told my OBD 1 lt1 would be the best way to go becouse i wont have to mess with the smog stuff too much.. so it seems as tho im off on a good start... ill post pics of my progress on here and keep everyone posted... byw ANY ideas welcome... this is my first drift build i could use the help...
well the s13 is going to be a LOT cheaper simply from the price of the car. you can pick up a s13 that needs a motor for like a grand tops... if you wanna go with an s14 or s15, you're spending like 5k+... and yes, to my knowledge it's easier with an s13

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
here we are.... this is what i found

1990 Nissan 240 SX 5 Speed

p.s anyone who wants parts for there 240 or has a friend pm me becouse im sure most of this car is getting striped...

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
here's a few things you will need to buy aftermarket.
350 Chevy 240sx Products McKinney Motorsports
that's all you need. seriously. and a modified driveshaft according to what rear you use. do you plan to use the camaro's rear? if you plan on drifting the car i would use the 240sx rear and have it built. 94 and up 240sx rears are viscous lsd. higher maintenance but better performance. custom exhaust, possibly custom headers. gotta mount the engine to see.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
George.. You should seriously do this swap into a Fiero lol :toung:

Too bad its not the latest 240 body style. It looks decent tho.. The mileage, :O
mileage is real high... owell... and i was gunna use the 240 rear if i can find a decent car, i guess ill have to go junkyard hunting

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.