Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Im seriousley planning on buying an HID 35w projector headlight kit.

I have no factory fog light holes, nor wires.

1) what power source can I use that wouldnt burn out a fuse or wiring lol. Preferably a source that is off when the car is off.

Option two would be to wire it directly from the positive battery terminal, in which case I do not know which fuse I should use.... and if its possible to do without a relay. which I would prefer.

Ballast Input :12V DC
Operating temperature: -40°C ~ +105°C
Ballast Size: 6.3cm * 7cm *1cm
Ignition voltage: 23000V

Im still learning about car wiring and im stumped about the ignition voltage

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
They just plug into your headlight harness. If not there's a harness you can get that attaches to battery and then to headlight harness that way there's only power with key on.

9007 is your bulb type btw. Literally takes 30 mins max

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Not sure you are explaining yourself right on this one. HID Fog lights or HID headlights?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
If you have a bit of patience and some wiring skills, you can use the existing fog light relay and fuse.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
existing foglight relay?? where is that at? I didnt think my car came with one, since theres no fog lights on it, and i couldnt find any extra dangling wires

---------- Post added at 09:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

im interested though

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Underhood fuse block. I already posted the how to somewhere on here. I will try and find the thread for you tomorrow.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
okay thanks :)

you mean the whole harness is there under it?

After I find that, just wire it to a switch and the bulbs or what?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
pin "C3" of connector C2

pin "D5" of connector C3

Here is the schematic, might want to check if ground side of relay is wired.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Okay, sweet.. thanks

Has anyone tried to put foglights between the insert and middle bottom grill? Like drill a hole in the bumper.. or should I just find em at a scrap/junk yard

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Most people that add fog lights, that I have seen, put them in the middle grille. Stock they come on the two outside grilles and you would need to get the mounting kits and probably a new bumper unless you are good with a saw and like the look through the plastic grille

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yup its probably going to behind the front grille.. make it easier, shouldnt have too much loss of visibility back there right? going to be HID's in a projector housing. NO angel eye thing

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Yeah, I've seen it with LED's. Not my cup of tea, but the ones I have seen are put in terribly. Make sure to post pics when you get em in.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Found a set of rims, 17's for dirt cheap locally here.... crappy silver colour, but ill soon fix that. then gatta get some tires for em and Ill be set....

I think ill do that before the fogs... Im a student lol, so gatta prioritize

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.