Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not sure on a sedan but tgo do the roof of my ss took a 4ft x 5ft with a little extra. People have tried to clear it but is leave it raw. They say it will last 6 years exposed to the elements before it will start to deteriorate

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's industrial strength textured vinyl.3m doesn't recommend putting anything on it but I've seen people on the net who have tried

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
id say 72x48 should give u plenty for the roof and have a good chunk left over for dash pieces and what not. i can do a 48x72 piece for 145 plus shipping. again local pickup is welcome

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
trust me thought about it too, would be a damn good exercise in patience though. prob could wrap my whole cobalt with about 6-700 dollars in materials. and a lotta beer and pizza

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
its actually way easier to use than regular vinly. really takes to the curves very well with heat. must be applied dry. all u realll need is a heat gun and a window squeegy. takes some gettin used to at first but still way easier than regular vinyl. can actually take a piece of it and crinkle it up in your hand, then take a heat gun to it and it will lay flat again. quite amazing stuff. theres a ton of videos on youtube of people applying it if you are bored.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah this is 3m, neffy wrap is a cheaper copy. 3m stuff is top notch, all the other stuff on ebay and such dosent compare. from what i hear all the other stuff is alot thinner of a vinyl.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.