Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Has anyone on here ever turned their 3rd brake light into turn signals? I have searched the threads but can't find anything.

Currently I have 3 x 12 LED wedge base bulbs (921/R12) in the 3rd brake light. What I would like to do is have the outer bulbs as turn signals and brake lights. Looking for a "How To" on the wiring or if it is even possible. There are only 2 wires supplying the power to all 3 bulbs as in the pic below. Anybody know how to set it up like this? I plan to nightshade most of the lens except with an arrow on the left side, an arrow on the right side and the word "stop" in the middle (or something to that effect). I still want all 3 bulbs to light up if I am just stopping but lets say I am turning left - the left bulb would flash while the other 2 bulbs would light up for braking.

My opinion is that this would look good and will do it if possible but will also take into account any "E-pinions" from experience. Here are some pics...

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you just gotta run power to each bulb separately, although its illegal
I'm in Ontario. I don't believe it is illegal as finnscobalt said - as long as I have brake lights in my tails and maybe only the center bulb of the 3rd brake light, I should be fine.

So I would just run a - and + wire from the turns to the bulbs??? On the wedge bulbs there are 2 wires that make contact with the contacts - How do I know which is + and which is - ?

I have extra 10 amp fuses cause I know I will most likely blow a fuse or two in the process.

Gonna try it and will take pics as I go for the "How To" section.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.