Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There are a number of different brake light cover mods available. Here's a low-cost alternative.

This is an insert using showcard gothic font (rebadged).

·
Registered
162 Posts
Nugs i like your badges lol. How'd you get em if you dont mind me asking? been interested in doing something like that myself.

·
Registered
463 Posts
my idea was to take the chevy bowtie off and put the bowtie in the 3rd breaklight because unless you take the cobalt badge off it just looks like it says Cobalt too many times. I'd like to keep the Cobalt badge on and take the bowtie off. you know what i mean.

Nugz that badge is fresh bro.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Is that simply a holographic sticker nugz?

·
Registered
561 Posts
When you get the 3rd brake light "cover" its just a glorified sticker that doesn't quite fit right. Its too small, all of them are. Mine is actually a "Carbon Fiber" cover. I want to get rid of it and get a plain black one. I'm not really into CF and regret getting it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
thanx for the site nugz its better than the badge your ride one its almost ten bucks cheaper for 6 characters.... and a long time ago my ex had a cobalt and i ordered her third brake light cover and it was way to big but it was a chrome one but i guess its just where you get it from

·
Registered
673 Posts
When you get the 3rd brake light "cover" its just a glorified sticker that doesn't quite fit right. Its too small, all of them are. Mine is actually a "Carbon Fiber" cover. I want to get rid of it and get a plain black one. I'm not really into CF and regret getting it.
If you are patient and have a steady hand you could always take the light out, then mask off the writing of your sticker with tape. Then cut it along the lines where it says cobalt and pull the old decal off. This should leave "cobalt" in tape and then you could simply paint the brake light the color you want or you could hit it with nightshades.

It's just an idea.

D

·
0 Posts
I once purchased the black vinyl light cover, but realized it was going to be too small. I then went to a shop and had them make me a bigger one in my body color. Unfortunately, the vinyl was too thin. I had converted the 3rd brake light to led. the led's are soooo bright that the vinyl disappeared evertime I stepped on the brakes.

·
Registered
561 Posts
If you are patient and have a steady hand you could always take the light out, then mask off the writing of your sticker with tape. Then cut it along the lines where it says cobalt and pull the old decal off. This should leave "cobalt" in tape and then you could simply paint the brake light the color you want or you could hit it with nightshades.

It's just an idea.
It's just a damn good idea.....Thats what I'm gonna do...thanks Ima..

·
Registered
111 Posts
so anyone seen the same stuff for the actual brake lights? was lookin at those and 3rd brake earlier this morn and was thinkin about gettin the 3rd cover that says supercharged and covering the tails.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I think it was roxtar that put a bow tie over his break light and then painted it. I know that's not what you're talking about but there's an idea. just switch it to supercharged

M

·
0 Posts
not all of them are to small, the black one i put on the '05 was just right and about 1/16th of an inch was able to fold over the edges of the light

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.