Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just curious if anyone has ever thought about or created a 4 door cobalt with an ss trunk and bumper. Does anyone know if it is possible to put a rear bumper from a two door cobalt onto a four door cobalt successfully? I just want something different for my cobalt and thought about doing this. Does anyone has any suggestions on how to go about doing this or if it is even possible?

·
Premium Member
1,044 Posts
just put the ss rear lip on there and ur fine. a guy did it already but hes no longer a forum regular.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
just put the ss rear lip on there and ur fine. a guy did it already but hes no longer a forum regular.
Just a note: Probably won't fit directly without plastic welding.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
see pic i posted idk if theres plastic welding but yea

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
he's talking about swapping the trunk..so you're gonna have the stock sedan tails and the inner circled tails...GHEY!

·
Registered
931 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,044 Posts
i was referring only to the bumper portion. why would u want the circle lights? the ones u have make it look more like the g5 tailswhich look better imo.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok, I really like the 4 door with the ss lip on the bottom of the bumper. anyone know where i can find one at and any easy ways i could put it on? and if i were to add the ss trunk, i would add the ss bumper with the 4 ss tail lights, not leave the stock 4 door tail lights.

·
Say What again!
6,225 Posts
I do believe so as well.

I like the Cobalt coupe tails the best.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Coupe rear end is completely discrepant from the Sedan.

·
Registered
365 Posts
The trunk drainage systems are different, rear window sizes are different, bumper sizes are different, rear metal frame is different. A lot of welding would be required
In other words: You cannot put a coupe rear bumper on a sedan

Rear lips are almost impossible to come by since both coupe and some sedan owners want one

If you manage to get a rear lip, you need to cut slits on your sedan bumper and adjust your bumper absorber (foam thingy), its complicated...

·
Registered
248 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.