Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been on the hunt for some new rims. All the websites and everything I've looked on are 5 lug wheels. Anyone know a decently priced website (preferably Canadian to avoid duties and everything) or would I be best off trying to 5 lug conversion, and if so. What's all needed. I'm sure I'd need to switch more then the hubs, especially the tears being drums. Suggestions? 2006 cobalt LT.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Decently priced, implies you want to do at low cost. Converting to 5 stud unless you have a donor car is going to cost quite a bit. Keep looking on the internet for 4 hole rims. There are plenty of sites. Check tire stores for starters to see if they have anything you like. Fast wheels for instance has a lot of different styles. http://www.fastwheels.ca/

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Minimum
a 5 lug swap is going to cost is around $600 but probably more. I've done it and the way I did the swap it was way more.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Oor you could go to a junk yard and pull the whole set up off of a 5 lug Balt for about $200 and have it all on in about 3-4 hours. Rotors/drums are going to need to be replaced of course but they're the cheapest part of the conversion.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
I'm happy with the 5x110 swap I did, I wan't just looking for wheels, I have a set of IRL, SS/TC and PF01's at the moment, and wanted brakes too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.