Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i found a dual charge kit for the cobalt that supposedly bumps it up to over 400 hp have any of you all seen this? i think it would be crazy cool to do it but there is no way i can afford it right now!:amazed:

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
cobalt paul, known guy on css.net, lives by me. He was putting out 441 i think his last dyno was on a hahn turbo setup. Not twincharged just 1 turbo. But when i get my SS im thinking about doing the twincharge setup.

·
Registered
277 Posts
yup its possible with the twin charge kit or single turbo. The turbo is so big tho talk about llllaaaaaggggggg

·
Registered
240 Posts
The transmission and internals of the engine wont like it very much, as in, "Kabooom".

i found a dual charge kit for the cobalt that supposedly bumps it up to over 400 hp have any of you all seen this? i think it would be crazy cool to do it but there is no way i can afford it right now!:amazed:

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
ya its not all about huge hp numbers

·
Registered
869 Posts
If its like the twin charge from ZZP yea, you can get some good power but puttin that to the ground without busting tires all the time even while going is a PITA(pain in the ass).
Plus to run any decent amount of boost you're going to need to forge that bottom end, heavily upgrade the fuel system, bulletproof the tranny...when you look at all that would need to be modified just to handle that kind of power, it doesn't make it worth it to me. Monetarily speaking of course. The rule for modifying cars I live by is

Fast
Cheap
Reliable
You can only pick two.

That's why I would start with a better platform to begin with (ala LS1 fourth gen). The motor and trans can handle just about anything you throw at it. The only weak link is that toothpick rear.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.