Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What type of hid bulb do I need for the 4th gen projectors? And where can I buy 4th gen projectors?

What type of connector on the hid bulb?

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Ebay is the place to buy the 4th gen projectors and they take a H7 bulb. We have a H7 HID kit on sale for these projectors. PM me if interested :)

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
you'll want to either take out the DRL fuse or make sure to switch it off when you first start up the car. DRL does not give the power or whatever for it to run and can ruin it. When you want to use them you have to switch it to the headlight on position. Not sure but I believe its 07+ models, in 05 and 06 the DRLs where the marker lights. I am not certain, someone well chime in soon

·
Registered
197 Posts
you'll want to either take out the DRL fuse or make sure to switch it off when you first start up the car. DRL does not give the power or whatever for it to run and can ruin it. When you want to use them you have to switch it to the headlight on position. Not sure but I believe its 07+ models, in 05 and 06 the DRLs where the marker lights. I am not certain, someone well chime in soon
i just installed an HID kit in my 2009 cobalt. I pulled the DRL fuse so my lights dont run during the day. my lights automatically come on at night when it is dark out, and if needed i can manually turn them on in rainy/foggy weather.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah my car has three bulbs. One for the headlight,one for the drl, one for the signals.

·
Yay go me
2,154 Posts
i just put hid in my stock and i removed the DRL. Can i still run my auto lights?

·
Registered
197 Posts
i just put hid in my stock and i removed the DRL. Can i still run my auto lights?
this question is too vague to answer, what do you mean by "can you still run your auto lights?" your lights will automatically come on when it is dark out. is that what you are referring to?

·
Yay go me
2,154 Posts
this question is too vague to answer, what do you mean by "can you still run your auto lights?" your lights will automatically come on when it is dark out. is that what you are referring to?
Nvm someone answered it for me:)

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So the cars wiring is H7 , bit what are the 4th gen projector housings? Or would any hid kit work as lomg as it had H7 wiring?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.