Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On a 07 cobalt lt auto trans what all is really required for service? I had the trans flushed at approx 36k miles so do I need to have it done again? Should I have the coolant flushed? Ive heard different sides of the story to this. Where can I get a step by step write up on how to do this myself (the coolant flush)? I got a letter in the mail from the dealership requesting a 50k mile service.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
More than fine. Anyways, the trans flush wasn't necessary, especially that early.

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
I flushed mine at 50,000. Wanna do a coolant flush but I am waiting to get my transmission cooler before I do it.

·
Premium Member
1,044 Posts
i did fuel filter, and brake fluid.. if u keep up with ur car properly ull know wut needs to be changed... prolly ur cabin filter too.

·
Registered
703 Posts
i did fuel filter, and brake fluid.. if u keep up with ur car properly ull know wut needs to be changed... prolly ur cabin filter too.
I change the cabin filter myself once a year, I use the micron brand.
'They say tune up isn't needed for 100,000 miles.
So, with 60,000 on mine I think I should probably just do the tranny flush but it makes me nervous (don't want problems where there isn't one now).
Next would be tune-up and new fuel filter?

·
Premium Member
1,044 Posts
I change the cabin filter myself once a year, I use the micron brand.
'They say tune up isn't needed for 100,000 miles.
So, with 60,000 on mine I think I should probably just do the tranny flush but it makes me nervous (don't want problems where there isn't one now).
Next would be tune-up and new fuel filter?
if u have an auto u seriously dont need to do it till they say to.

id prolly do spark plugs just for peace of mind.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have an 06 LS with 109000 miles and all I have done is oil changes with a synthetic blend and air filters. I have not done fuel filter, cabin filter, tranny flush or coolant flush. I put on about 1000 miles a month and have not had any problems except rotors warping and tire wear.

·
Premium Member
1,044 Posts
I have an 06 LS with 109000 miles and all I have done is oil changes with a synthetic blend and air filters. I have not done fuel filter, cabin filter, tranny flush or coolant flush. I put on about 1000 miles a month and have not had any problems except rotors warping and tire wear.
doesnt mean u shouldnt change those things. just means ur lucky.

fuel filter is a 50k type deal.

---------- Post added at 10:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 PM ----------

If you change the cabin filter you are going to see one gross looking filter. You should do it and see what it looks like. I change mine once a year and it's always filthy
i had changed mine once in 3 yrs and it was pretty clean.

·
Premium Member
1,044 Posts
im more of a prevent things from happening type of person.

ud probably be ok. but it would be beneficial to change it. its really easy too

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.