Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its been a while since i gave an update on my project, and i can't find my original post but here are a few things that have been done and a few pics.

we have the truck completly taken apart and we are starting to do a little needed body work and other mods.

here is the list of what has been done.

all body panels removed

pass front fender patched and primered

pass side step straightened and dents removed

all glass removed from cab

all sound deadning material removed from cab

motor and trans removed from frame

frame cut in front to mount doner front frame from late 70's model chevy truck

doner frame and suspension welded to original frame

rear diff and suspension removed from frame.

rear suspension and diff pulled from doner 98 lincoln mark 8

found out that lincoln lug pattern is the same as my ss cobalt

and today we are preping to mount the rear end to the frame

now for a few new pics.

enjoy!

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
and here are a few pics of the truck when we got it for those of you who have not seen it.

and here are a few of the truck we got the motor from.

we had to cut the top off of it so we could move it around.. the truck was actually still drivable, but we had to do alot of makshift welding and strapping on the suspension lol..

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
its just sitting under the frame now man. we still have to do alot of cutting, welding, measuring, fabing, and praying...

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
WAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!! I love these kind of projects!! keep this updated for sure!! I am all about this kind of stuff. I live and breathe it. You should check out the "back to the fifties" car show we have here in MN. it's the weekend of June 18 and is 3 days long. It brings in over 11,000 cars from all over the nation. One of the biggest car shows in the nation! you can enter anything that is 1964 or older.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
WAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!! I love these kind of projects!! keep this updated for sure!! I am all about this kind of stuff. I live and breathe it. You should check out the "back to the fifties" car show we have here in MN. it's the weekend of June 18 and is 3 days long. It brings in over 11,000 cars from all over the nation. One of the biggest car shows in the nation! you can enter anything that is 1964 or older.
sounds like fun.. and it could be something we look at.. but our first show will be the biggest show in the world... crusin tha coast.. the past three years it has had over 50,000 cars in attendance. and this year they are expecting over 60k. its a 7 day show.. i love it.. haha

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
wooohooo!
i just now looked @ these pix & im so excited for this!!!! haha ;)

---------- Post added at 07:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 AM ----------

oh & brian i might be going 2 this show w/ him... so think about it... lol

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.