Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO there's not much to show off at the moment, but i might as well get started now. when i finally get to working on this car, it will be an amazing machine. and here is where i will showcase the progress. :)

forgot to take pics before the tails got started getting tinted... but here's midway through.

finished rear end, tails tinted and trunk de-badged.

bright idea, stuck the sport emblem to the grille... i think it fits.

took the front bow-tie off and painted it.

front end finished.

forgot to take pics of the wheels before they got painted too, bahaha on a roll right? but the finished product looks nice. much better than that polished alloy, it just looked funny with the color.

and now for miscellaneous pictures, which there will always be a lot of until i can actually get to doing something productive.

WELL it seems like that's all for now, until i take the car and the new camera out for some fun. :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i want to, maybe only an inch or so.
the tires on the wheels in these pictures are the stock pirelli 205/50/r17's, but i recently went up to 215/50/r17's and it actually looks a whole lot better, the wheel gap isn't so much. buuuuut my spedometer is also off now and i got a ticket. lol.
BUT the point of that ramble is i do want to lower it, but only about an inch, and after i get some nice black 5 spoke 18" or 19" wheels.

·
Registered
187 Posts
camo i see u post on every single persons show off to lower their car lol.

i agree there is some wheel space but like he said the bump up in tires will fix that. ride quality with a lowered cobalt is shit especially when slammed.

---------- Post added at 08:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 PM ----------

btw i think it looks really good with the tinted tails and painted rims. but it would look better with some tinted windows!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
why thanks!
IF i were to lower it it wouldn't be very much at all, noooo more than an inch lol. once i find the wheels i want, that's when i'll worry about lowering or not lowering it. cause i wanna step up to 18s or 19s, which might take up most of the wheel gap on it's own.

hey i know this is random, but does anyone know where i can get an inside driver door handle? the chrome stuff is all peeling off and shit, downside of being a delivery driver and getting in and out of the car all the time. :/

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I'm not a fan of radical lowering, especially without other mods to compensate. Lowering usually leads to expensive issues a little later down the road, strut/shock failures, alignment-tire and driveline issues.

Very nice looking car. I would upgrade your stock grill(s) to the 2008-10 SS/TC grill. Really changes the look at a fairly modest price. If you decide to sell your car, replace your stock unit and sell the TC grill. Always wanted!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
dallas: thanks for the explanation! i was like wtf IS that???

springer: i KNOW right? thing is i'm a broke ass kid and i can barely afford living on my own lol. buuuut i'm working on it!

423: my wheels were the polished alloy and i really just didn't like it, i prefer the black. i think it looks sick! i'm gonna keep the theme srtc and black... i think it'll be sharp. :)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Nice looking car!

hey i know this is random, but does anyone know where i can get an inside driver door handle? the chrome stuff is all peeling off and shit, downside of being a delivery driver and getting in and out of the car all the time. :/
My drivers door handle started peeling off and while I was at the dealership getting a blown door speaker replaced they fixed it under warranty without even asking me. I assume the 2008 is under warranty still....didn't they start like 6/60,000 in 08?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.