Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just ordered some Kicker 6x9s to put in my car and two people have told me I need to put them in a box or the subwoofers I currently have will overpower them or blow them due to air pressure or something. Neither of them (my buddies) really seemed to know what they were talking about but I was wondering if anyone could elaborate on this. And also, if I did put the 6x9s in a box could the box fit where my stock 6x9s are and not stand out? Thank you for helping!

·
Registered
547 Posts
yeah your fine
He is right, I have had systems in more then one car and I have never had any problem like that before. The only thing those 6x9's will do is make the interior sound better then the factor ones can.

·
Registered
101 Posts
i really liked the stock sound of the original speakers i never changed yes i wanted to in a later time but i didnt mind does need tweeters though

·
Registered
222 Posts
It might do some damage if you were pushing 2000+ watts per sub and had paper cone 6x9. LOL my old riced out integra.

·
Registered
114 Posts
yea u should be fine. i'm running 2 10's with a 1000 watt amp and i replaced my rears with 2 6x9's and a 200 watt amp

·
Registered
21 Posts
Get baffle inserts though as the waves generated from the sub might affect tone for the 6x9's. Besides, a baffle will help.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.