Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was under the hood looking at my Brake Fluid container and happened to notice a plate on the header. A little rag wipe revealed "Vibrant Performance". A quick Google search reveals I have an $800 header!! My investment in this car get more gratifying each and every day!!! :clap

Cobalt4Life

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice. Now sell it and fix your brake problem, lol
LMAO! :thanks Might be a tad bit loud, since the car didn't come with the OEM headers.

·
Registered
803 Posts
true a nice surprise, but for not telling the buyer... ehhh who whos whats wrong with it if he's not pointing out the 'good' things

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Could have been a trade in, and the dealer didn't know. Now you know there is custom stuff done. Like Xxen said, you have no idea whats been done to it. Need to datalog it and send that info to someone who knows what to look for.
Yea, the dealer (gas station minus the gas) bought it at auction. Had NO idea what it was. It was a shaky buy for me, being it had an electrical fire with one of the owners, but it's turning out to be a solid car with some hidden surprises. I am sure I could, though would not, flip this car for double my money.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Could have been a trade in, and the dealer didn't know. Now you know there is custom stuff done. Like Xxen said, you have no idea whats been done to it. Need to datalog it and send that info to someone who knows what to look for.

Jmesl8er, What should I be Datalogin? I have been keeping a list of the parts I am discovering, which is a start. I have a ScanGauge 2 but It only logs generic info, doesn't seem to log any Mode 22. Not even boost levels, to my surprise.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Need tritecta or hptuner software to log. Also a laptop.
:thanks ! Both Doable (sp?) and will be ordered by Sunday. I do believe it has been tuned by a company in Florida, but am not 100% certain yet. Tomorrow's brake job will revel the Cold Air intake brand and hopefully can match up a tuners upgrade packages to narrow it down.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
There is a Tuner company in Florida that sells a kit with the same header and pulley. South Florida Pulleys HP I think.

Now I can not wait to pop open those fuel injectors tomorrow as I finally caught some MASSIVE HP on my scan gauge today. 412HP with 14+ Boost

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
There is a Tuner company in Florida that sells a kit with the same header and pulley. South Florida Pulleys HP I think.

Now I can not wait to pop open those fuel injectors tomorrow as I finally caught some MASSIVE HP on my scan gauge today. 412HP with 14+ Boost

That's probably around double what your actually making. Supercharged right?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Jmesl8er, What should I be Datalogin? I have been keeping a list of the parts I am discovering, which is a start. I have a ScanGauge 2 but It only logs generic info, doesn't seem to log any Mode 22. Not even boost levels, to my surprise.
Scangauge 2 is pretty generic info, you will need to be able to access PIDS and a program that allows for changing of the PIDS. This is known as a tuning program. Trifecta and HPTuners use this same setup.

Far as your exhaust from manifold to mid pipe, go with ZZP's combo package called ''header to mid pipe, I would highly recommend catted if your state calls upon emissions testing with dynos.''

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks Guys! PC Laptop is on it's way. I'm a MAC guy so this is a throw back for me.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.