Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 229 Posts

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, I finally bought one. Got plates and registered it, and its chillin in front of my house now. I'm slowly finding out all the kinks in it, here goes:

Temp guage doesn't work, most likely a wiring issue.
AC needs a charge, I might just rip out the whole system though.
Power locks won't lock half the time.
Right headlight can get lazy and come up 3/4, but I adjusted it and it worked fine.
Driver's side door sags a tiny bit, I have a new hinge for it.
E-brake handle has an electronic gremlin of some sort, the chime and light won't go off with the brake disengaged.
The most worrisome- I just noticed that the left rear tire is VERY out of alignment. Looks pushed in and facing forward a bit, hmm I hope its something an alignment can fix- if not, I might be going with tubular suspension arms/ poly bushing sooner than I thought.

Other than that, the car is turn key, just needs a good wipe down in the interior and I'm all set. I'll be updating the wiring and hoses for safety purposes.

You guys only get one pic for now, gonna wait till I wash/wax her up properly to do a shoot on her- shes dirty.

My dad thought the engine was the same one as the one in the MR2, LOL!!

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes sir!!! I'm just really concerned over that wheel issue, hopefully I can check it out properly when I take it to a friend's garage.

·
Get Out The Sawzall
1,856 Posts
Nice find man, I know your so happy right now, you have been talking about this for months. Rip out the ac you dont need that shizt. How bad is the interior? It will be hard to find a set of premo Fiero seats. If I recall a guy at carlisle told me one time that early 90's Grand Am brackets were exactally the same as the Fiero's, as he had Grand Am seats in his.

---------- Post added at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 PM ----------

Oh yea BTW 350 swap time :)

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nice find man, I know your so happy right now, you have been talking about this for months. Rip out the ac you dont need that shizt. How bad is the interior? It will be hard to find a set of premo Fiero seats. If I recall a guy at carlisle told me one time that early 90's Grand Am brackets were exactally the same as the Fiero's, as he had Grand Am seats in his.

---------- Post added at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 PM ----------

Oh yea BTW 350 swap time :)
The interior is in good condition. I just meant wipe it down to make it nice and new looking :). The drivers seat is brand new, the passenger seat is decent, but you can tell that its faded. Other than that, it just needs a good dusting and detailing. As for a 350 swap, no way lol- it'll get either a 3.4 DOHC turbo or a 3.8 SC, but thats a year or two down the road.

Yeah I'm not a big fan of the 2 tone myself, but it doesn't bother me too much. The car will get repainted when the paint starts to fade, either to black or red.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
sweet! wat are your plans
Why'd you have to ask lol..

Now:
Address all electrical gremlins, update hoses, fluid flush, wash/wax/detail, alignment, and get tints.

Near Future:
Full poly bushing kit, some type of coilovers- still doing research for what setups can work, thicker swaybars, stainless steel brake lines.

Far into the future lol:

3.4 dohc or 3.8L supercharged engine swap, powdercoated suspension components, spray chassis with underbody coating, tweak the exterior a bit with some new panels.

I think thats about it, all that should total out to about 5-6 grand i guess lol.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
pics of engine now or ban

1 - 20 of 229 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.