Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My neighbor's boyfriend has a 94 V6 camaro. He has done 2 burnouts in my driveway in the last week and has been running his mouth, saying I think "my cobalt is bad". Its a 2007 2.2L LS. Only mod is Fujita CAI. Do you think I could beat him? My friend has a 2004 Mach 1 Mustang and my neighbor's boyfriend tried to race him on the highway. He said he was in fifth and didn't even have to downshift to beat him. I'm sick of him disrespecting me. I'm pretty sure that I can drive better than him. He has only had his license for a few months and has wrecked 3 times already. Should I race him?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Short answer no. Not that you could not beat him just the fact that there is no point is stooping to his level. If he wants to run his mouth thats fine and all just call your local police station and tell them that you saw a guy street racing and give them his plate number. See how "bad ass" he feels when he gets pulled over for it. :) but thats just me. And besides its illegal to street race anyway why risk it because some child is stupid.

·
Registered
61 Posts
^^^ SOOOO THIS:

I actully had a fiend who is doing 20 years in prison for reckless endangerment and invoulentary manslauter after he t-boned a minivan while street racing. And it was on a road that normaly has NO traffic so anything can happen... so ya thats why is said don't be stupid.

·
Say What again!
6,000 Posts
Yeah, a Mach 1 would destroy a 3.4L V6 Camaro. The Cobalt might even have a shot.

Take it to the track and see what happens.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
the guy sounds like a real loser...you know he's just insecure and trying to compensate for it by trashing you and your car. I mean who does burn outs in someone elses driveway to look cool? I'm so tired of these wannabes who either drive "daddy's car" or who buy old as hell muscle/sport cars and make fun of other ppl with newer cars to feel more significant in their lives.

You know the thing that pisses those ppl off the most is being humble. whatever you do, DON'T talk any trash about him or his car, just act like you don't care bout that stuff, be real down-to-earth, and at most just say "i like my car and wouldn't trade it" and if he does burn outs in your driveway again call the fukin cops.

Last time an old friend trashed me on facebook cuz I posted a pic of the stage 2 exedy clutch I just bought for my balt....I was just like 'wtv' then my friend owned him saying 'says the guy driving an old 300zx" it was pretty funny. All I said was "look man I'm just sharing my purchase with my friends" and he went on a rant saying 'im just kidding man, obviously you've got plans for your car but it's not my thing, to each their own" blaaa blaaa. Did I mention this kid was a dropout from school living with his gf in her parets' basement? These people just want to feel better in life because besides a "fast" car they don't have $HIT!!!

just forget about him.

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
the guy sounds like a real loser...you know he's just insecure and trying to compensate for it by trashing you and your car. I mean who does burn outs in someone elses driveway to look cool? I'm so tired of these wannabes who either drive "daddy's car" or who buy old as hell muscle/sport cars and make fun of other ppl with newer cars to feel more significant in their lives.

You know the thing that pisses those ppl off the most is being humble. whatever you do, DON'T talk any trash about him or his car, just act like you don't care bout that stuff, be real down-to-earth, and at most just say "i like my car and wouldn't trade it" and if he does burn outs in your driveway again call the fukin cops.

Last time an old friend trashed me on facebook cuz I posted a pic of the stage 2 exedy clutch I just bought for my balt....I was just like 'wtv' then my friend owned him saying 'says the guy driving an old 300zx" it was pretty funny. All I said was "look man I'm just sharing my purchase with my friends" and he went on a rant saying 'im just kidding man, obviously you've got plans for your car but it's not my thing, to each their own" blaaa blaaa. Did I mention this kid was a dropout from school living with his gf in her parets' basement? These people just want to feel better in life because besides a "fast" car they don't have $HIT!!!

just forget about him.
The ones that really piss me off are the ones who think its cool to rev at you and whatnot with a car that obviously will kill a 2.2. Im always thinking "i hope your evo is faster than my cobalt, or you wasted a hell of a lot of money!"

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
The ones that really piss me off are the ones who think its cool to rev at you and whatnot with a car that obviously will kill a 2.2. Im always thinking "i hope your evo is faster than my cobalt, or you wasted a hell of a lot of money!"
lol my friend has a genesis 2.0turbo with some light mods, he says he revs at cars he knows are faster sometimes just to watch them take off, and then watch them possibly get a ticket :p

but seriously some ppl are just losers. It's one thing to be humble and have ppl appreciate your ride, but it's the ppl who flaunt their cars like crazy even though they're nothing that special just to get reassurance or attention or to put down other people who have other places to put their money....

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I used to think the guy was one of my friends. They are opening a drag stip about 20 minutes from my town next month. I messaged him on facebook and asked if he wanted to race. The closest track that is open right now is about 2 hours away. And the sticker idea was great!

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
They are rated at like 160hp and 200 ft. lbs torque, they are alittle heavier, the motor is probably fairly worn out so say he is making 130 to the wheels HP and 160-70 torques. Car back in the day ran probably high 15 1/4's. I think with some mods to the cobalt, intake, full exhaust and the lesser weight would be a drivers race.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.