Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know 94,000 miles probably isn't alot when some people push into the 200k. But got an 09 Cobalt basically handed to me. Mother stopped driving and I always used the car anyways so it was basically mine. I only pay for gas, maintenance,registration and insurance when I can. Well I drive alot for work and just has me concerned about the mileage. I take care of it pretty well. But at this point is there anything I should be worried about? Warranty on motor runs out at 100k. I'm kind of wondering if I'm not getting the MPG that I should be. Anything I can do to freshen things up? Knock on wood, have not had any problems, but ya never know what could happen when you get up their in miles.
Really only asking because I think this is the last car I'll have for now. Haven't put much thought into getting anything else, plus I don't have the $ for it now anyways.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Just do oil top-up and regular oil and filter changes and it should last a long long time. These engines don't seem to like to run low on oil, so try and keep it at the full mark.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Just ensure that all of your fluids stay at the full mark, flush radiator fluid if you haven't done so with Dexi-cool, transmission flush (dexron type), stuff like that for the 100k mark. To keep it longer lasting, the stealership's ideas of preventative maintenance is designed to give you roughly 10-15 years+ of driving.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.