Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just rolled over 97xxx in my 06 ss/sc what things should i change or keep an eye on? i know i need new cabin filter air filter and fuel filter and new suspension, but what else? also idk if it just me still getting use to the new clutch at slow speeds but ive noticed at times it seams to like sputter or bouce around at times when i take off form first also sometimes the rpms will climb then go way down then come back up and even back out that norm happens after the take off which could be possibly from the almost stalling out from getting use to the new clutch, thanks for everyone that gives any info

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Sounds like the tensioner to me. If you keep regular maintenance ie. oil, trans fluid, fuel filter, coolant, brakes and fluid, etc. you should be fine.

---------- Post added at 08:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 AM ----------

I'm at 142k and do nothing but race the piss out of my car. Only thing I got is a sticking lifter noise that I'm working on. Still runs like a dream though.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
are tensioners hard to replace?

---------- Post added at 05:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 AM ----------

Sounds like the tensioner to me. If you keep regular maintenance ie. oil, trans fluid, fuel filter, coolant, brakes and fluid, etc. you should be fine.

---------- Post added at 08:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 AM ----------

I'm at 142k and do nothing but race the piss out of my car. Only thing I got is a sticking lifter noise that I'm working on. Still runs like a dream though.
what sounds like the tensioner?

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
The bucking you get in first gear.

Tensioner is more of a pain than anything. You will want two people there to make replacing the belt easier.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The bucking you get in first gear.

Tensioner is more of a pain than anything. You will want two people there to make replacing the belt easier.
how does bucking sound like the tensioner? is their a how to any where, would it be harder then replacing a clutch because ive done that and it wasnt hard

·
Registered
5,481 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Do NOT use seafoam if you want improvement. It just makes everything shiny inside, that's all. Does not clean effectively. I would recommend some GM valvetrain cleaner, tighten up your timing chain tensioner/adjustments, coolant flush, trans flush, and brakes bled.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Why not seafoam?

---------- Post added at 01:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 PM ----------

Also where should I get the tensioner from? Like what local part store instead of online I heard autozone gives u the wrong one

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Seafoam is a commercialized product that does do some help to your motor, but you will have to seafoam your engine every 6 months to keep it that way. Im not saying its a bad product, just that here in NC, every wannabe tech screams out seafoam. General Motors Valvetrain cleaner works much, much better (cost: $35.00) and its good for 14 applications, so its cheaper and has detergents that do the job.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.