Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking to upgrade to the 2.4 manifold and i know i dont need a tune, IF i dont get the 2.4 throtle body...but the thing is I WANNA GO FAST HAHA! so i wanna get the 2.4 tb...

now i know i have to get a tune, but do i forcefully have to get it through trifecta? (i think thats how you spell it) i ask this cuz it seems to be everyones choice on here.

what is the difference in tifecta tuning my baby and having someone else do it?
im just a little concern cuz i think the closest trifecta is in houston tx and i live in san antonio tx...i dont wanna drive the 3 and 1/2 hours.

is it true that you can buy some tuning tools and what not and tune your car yourself? if so is it hard?

·
Banned
7,805 Posts
I have no idea, I plan on using trifecta just because I've heard good things about there tune. Maybe someone like hypertech or something like that could provide you a tune as well. And trifecta mails you the tune. You don't actually have to go to one. They mail you the kit specifically made for your car. You just have to mail it back.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have no idea, I plan on using trifecta just because I've heard good things about there tune. Maybe someone like hypertech or something like that could provide you a tune as well. And trifecta mails you the tune. You don't actually have to go to one. They mail you the kit specifically made for your car. You just have to mail it back.
yeah i just read up that you pay $250 plus a deposit of $200...so what happens if you keep the kit? they just keep your $200...

but then you could just turn around and make some money of the kit you kept jkjk :bigsmile:

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
yeah i just read up that you pay $250 plus a deposit of $200...so what happens if you keep the kit? they just keep your $200...

but then you could just turn around and make some money of the kit you kept jkjk :bigsmile:
Nah the kit oly comes with one credit, tuning for one car only if im not mistaken.

·
Registered
455 Posts

lol if you look on the FAQ section of their website they have a question about that. basically the tuner is calibrated only for your car one time, so after that its pointless. Only they can recalibrate it for the next car

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
lol if you look on the FAQ section of their website they have a question about that. basically the tuner is calibrated only for your car one time, so after that its pointless. Only they can recalibrate it for the next car

exactly. no keeping the device and trying to make money off it lol

but yes trifecta is your only answer for tuning if you are a 2.2 assuming your balt isnt an 08. hp only supports the 08 model. stupid i know but thats the case.

but its not a bad thing that trifecta is the only one. vince does excellent work and he has excellent customer service from what i hear

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.