Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so my car is sitting at 86k miles currently and I figure it's getting close to time to start lookin at some things.

I noticed lately that it's been idling a little low when the ac is off, I assume it's low at least, like 600 rpms. And response has been a little sluggish. So, I figure I might look into cleaning the TB, maybe a new fuel filter, spark plugs perhaps.

Also, it's been riding REALLY rough so I was considering getting the shocks and whatnot checked out. Is 86k miles enough to start replacing/cleaning a few things?

·
That's Mr. meogE to you.
150 Posts
Fuel filter is supposed to be changed at 75k according to the dealership I went to. Cleaning your throttle body can never hurt, maybe make yourself an oil catch can. I had to get new front shocks on my 06 because they were leaking and I could tell my rears were wearing out also. I had about the same mileage as you.

·
Registered
126 Posts
In the last two weeks I have changed plugs, fuel filter and my manual transmission fluid and only have like 68k on it. My lower control arms were replaced and next up is coilovers on Monday. Never too early to start, as said before.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Fuel Filter
Seafoam (Optional. Do this before an oil change and plug change).
Plugs (They're supposedly good for 100K, but they'll benefit from a change)
Coolant (Dex is rated for 100K, but I feel that is too long.)
Interior Cabin air filter
Engine air filter

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.