Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With my mods what should my a/f be? And anyone care to EST my 1/4 mile time and HP?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kind of what i was thinking, a local dyno shop uses hp tuners, told me for 65 he would put me on the dyno and see if he needs to tweak something with the tune, and if he does, it would be like 200 total for the entire process. not sure if i should go with this or not, previous owner says the tune isnt too aggressive but on the aem wideband it dips into the red sometimes like if i shift too early and such.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I paid $175 for my tune off dyno but I knew the guy, so for you $200 I wouldn't even think about it.

You have to look at it this way, you have to buy to credits to unlock the car 1st, which I believe there about $75 a credit IIRC, so he's not banking much plus you get a dyno tune.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
What Dyno Tune mean, and What will this improve in your car ? SRY but Im not into performence but IM learning
Thank you

·
Registered
174 Posts
What Dyno Tune mean, and What will this improve in your car ? SRY but Im not into performence but IM learning
Thank you
Well basically if he's offering a dyno tune, it will be tuned on the dyno, you get a little better numbers and that's all it's focused at and some DD, mine was tuned on the road so it's good for DD and increased power but I could have gotten more power out of it if I put it on the dyno. This help?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the guy i got the car from said it was tuned on the road over the course of like 3 hours or something. what should the a/f be around?

·
Sneezing Daily
1,155 Posts
at WOT your a/f ratio should be around 12.8-13.5 and if you are going to around 12.5 that would be too lean. What are you sitting at a/f ratio wise? Do you experience fuel cut or hesitation?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
WOT is around 13.3 or so i think. but what is bothering me is this....

sitting at idle, the car idles about 1k, sometimes it will dip down to like 500 or so and act like it wants to die, the a/f gauge will go to --- and in the red. im not too familiar with the cobalt and none of my buddies are either, maybe a vac leak? my buddy said clean my iac but i dont know where the hell it is LOL

·
Sneezing Daily
1,155 Posts
Try cleaning your throttle body and the intake sensor that might help... sounds like something a tune might help with to. But try those and it may help you. If not let me know, its all about the process of elimination.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok ill try to do that 1 day when i have some time. i may go get it retuned again soon just to know exactly whats up

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.