Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, I haven't been on here in a while, been busy getting my marketing degree, the house, the family, ect...but I did find a little time to work on the car

I put on the coupe spoiler, re-tinted the windows (don't ever buy cheap pre-cut tint, it just falls right back off) new tires (the correct size) installed the HID's and played around a little with the stereo

next, it's the chrome door handles, clear LED third brake light, and LTZ leather interior

now, if only someone can find me the SS front bumper... :)

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Needs the whole SS kit if you're doing that, I wouldn't do just the bumper.

Would also skip the chrome door handles, and just remove the factory door trim.

Never really cared for that...so much cleaner without it.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't mind the door trim, and I like the chrome handles, especially since I'm planning the chrome third brake light, headlights, and...if I can ever find a set, taillights.... I just like a little sparkle on the car

I'm considering chrome wheels, but a little up in the air about it, maybe just a chrome or high polished lip

I would love the whole SS kit, but I can't find it for a reasonable price... I did find a set of side skirts, which are now in my basement, but the rear bumper seems impossible to find for a sedan

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's actually not that bad, and I do plan projectors... Just got the hid kit when I blew a headlight bulb

As far as blinding oncoming traffic, my wife has followed me in my car...it's not as bad as most...but they aren't high-brightness Hids, they are only 4300k, but it helps alot with my night vision issues

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
No lip for sedan rear bumper, just a small difference on SS rear and stock

·
Registered
2,204 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I try to get the parts locally...through salvage yards so I see it before purchase

it costs a fortune for shipping a bumper cover due to the size...although the one you posted is free shipping

if it comes in and isn't what I wanted though, I might have to pay return shipping

---------- Post added at 04:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 PM ----------

that bumper just extends a little lower...and covers that black plastic under the rear center of the car, right?

---------- Post added at 04:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 PM ----------

I may seriously consider this after my next bonus though, looks like it would even come painted

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Yes it covers it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.