Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could anyone give me a few pointers? I would like to add some thump to my cobalt, but I don't want to knock the mirrors loose on my car. Can anyone give me a rough idea of what I should get in terms of subs/amps?

As well, when installing them, is it fairly simple to do so?

·
Registered
151 Posts
From my experience, Bazooka makes some pretty good subs. I've had this little 8" woofer from them for years now and it gives a nice deep thump without rattling your rearview mirror off into someone's lap (happened to me in a buddy of mine's car >.> ) Just make sure it's in a ported box. Had a kicker amp with it too, still works after two wrecks and years of use. I've had really good results from these products so I would say take a look at em.

·
Registered
151 Posts
just so you know, your cobalt is going to rattle. regardless of system. :)
This is true :laugh: in my last car with just that little 8" I had to apply The Fixer Of All Things(Duct tape :O ) to certain areas of my car(map lights and sunglass holder on the roof for example) to stop all the damn rattling. Trunk always rattles though :(

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
haha, i guess rattling doesn't really matter. is there a way to put the subs in the car ... in the back window?

·
Registered
114 Posts
i just installed a kicker solo baric l5 12" with a 1000 watt rockford amp. as long as you tune everything correctly you will still get the sound you want without the major thumpping. ive got my 1000 watt amp turned up about halfway and it sounds much better now. i would look into either a single 12 or 2 10's with a good 500-1000 watt amp and you will be set.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.