Discussion Starter #2
BUMMMPPP for 27 views and nothing...

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im not an audio guy....sorry...
DAM U MIKE haha j/k bro..
idk the reviews arent that bad.. and its priced out good.. comes with an amp... i might go for it...if it sounds really bad or worse then my alpines.. ill throw it in my lil sisters car for her Bday lol...

·
Registered
253 Posts
yeahs its not bad for the price! you can def get a little bump out of it =) MTX always made a good sub and im pretty sure they offer a warranty right through MTX in regards to the coils.. its a good buy in my opinion, in a cobalt they'll make the mirrors shake no problem haha

·
Registered
83 Posts
your alpines should outdue any mtx in sound quality, you may get more deep bass from this set but its a cheap set of subs, and as with most cheap subs it sounds like its just blowing air around nothing crisp like your alpines. it wont do anything near what your type s's r capable of if there properly matched with a good amp and box. mtx's base subs are the worst on the market, if you go that low in price go alpine, kenwood, or pioneer, if you go above the 800 price range for a whole setup then there subs r better, but in the lower prices stay with alpine or kenwood for deep clean sound.

·
Registered
253 Posts
alpines and kenwoods are definitely better. pioneer in my opinion never shoulda made car subs. yeah they are base models but for 250 in box with amp its a good deal. worst case the box and the amp are good and are worth like 200-250 so your basically getting subs for free! id take it and upgrade subs later if you arent happy.. i had MTX for a while in my cobalt and they were really nice.. ive also had 2 r12s.. which blew em away but for triple if not more the money...

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well lets put it thisway...
would u rate them worse then the sony Xplod 10inchs??

·
Registered
253 Posts
hahahaha! agreed! i mean the MTX will last as long as you don't push too close to peak.. but regardless 2 12s running half load is pretty good.. i like MTX so i guess my opinion is kinda corrupt. haha

·
Registered
83 Posts
im just saying anything that you get in a package is just crap (usually) i have a pair of alpine type r's and always have liked sq over loudness so... they would be nice but not better than the alpine type s's you have

·
Registered
253 Posts
ill agree to the package thing for sure. maybe try craigslist for some subs!? i've gotten a few off there.. just make sure you hear them first.. and its weird.. but smell the trunk when you listen.. cause if you smell like.. burning the persons a moron and is pushing too hard and burning up the coils and whatnot.. then you don't want them lol

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well hey thanks guys.. im not sure what i wanna do yet.. but ill post it up when i know what im doin...

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
I would take MTX over Sony any day of the week. As for the setup, it's not a bad setup for the price. The subs don't have a great power rating to them as they only have 200rms ratings. I'm sure they sound good for the price that you will be paying for them, but don't expect a heck of a lot of sound from it as it's not a powerful system. It will still be more than your factory system, but it will distort pretty easy as you will start maxing your amp out to get a lot of sound out of the subs.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.