Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I just want a little bit more bass in my music and I change my speakers and add a amp to the rear 6x9s I should be laughing right? I want some more sound but dont wanna kill trunk space

·
Registered
74 Posts
If I just want a little bit more bass in my music and I change my speakers and add a amp to the rear 6x9s I should be laughing right? I want some more sound but dont wanna kill trunk space
the awnser is yes. I amped up some 6x9s and got pulled over for it. Very loud!

·
Registered
114 Posts
yea ive got my 6x9's amped 100x2 and it sounds great. only problem that i have found is that they tend to overpower the front speakers so u might want to get a 4 channel amp and then change the front and rears.

ive been looking at getting a custom box built to make a wall right after my back seats for my 2 10's to save as much space as possible, but idk where to begin or how it would sound.

·
Registered
74 Posts
yea ive got my 6x9's amped 100x2 and it sounds great. only problem that i have found is that they tend to overpower the front speakers so u might want to get a 4 channel amp and then change the front and rears.

ive been looking at getting a custom box built to make a wall right after my back seats for my 2 10's to save as much space as possible, but idk where to begin or how it would sound.

You can run all 4 tweets to a two channel amp like i did here and sounds great but yes a four channel you could adjust better but anyways my stock fronts are very loud off amp

·
Registered
114 Posts
[/IMG]

You can run all 4 tweets to a two channel amp like i did here and sounds great but yes a four channel you could adjust better but anyways my stock fronts are very loud off amp
haha i have the same rockford p103 amp, i wish i could find my chrome covers that go over the top lol.

with the rockford how loud do you have it turned up for the stocks?

·
Registered
114 Posts
ahh sweet.
i'm trying to find someone to build a decent box that will make a wall off my back seats in the trunk so i can get good sound, but leave me enough room for a stroller lol.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Check out Ebay and get the factory sub from an LT or SS model Balt and have that installed and wired to an amp. Thats is what I did and I can still take my family of 4 on a week vacation without worrying about lack of space. The factory sub gits into the drivers side corner of the trunk and you loose minimal room. I also Dynamatted the trunk and the sound is awesome. I recently got a compliment on the sound volume and quality from some people at a car show that I went, didnt compete just went for ideas.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
ampped speakers=sex!

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Bazooka tube ftw. Small(er), affordable, fills in the bass, and easy to remove and reinstall in a new car. Or get some used Pioneer OEM SS speakers (~$50). I just put a set in the back and its like night and day from the OEM LS/LT ones.

·
Registered
802 Posts
all my speaker's are amped.. db'd again yesterday after tweekin on my stereo went from 131 to 147

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I still have my LT stock. Looking on a way to get a little more bass without getting huge amps capacitors and boxes. I want a little more bass but not loose all my space.

Im eaither gonna swap out for bigger 6x9s and hook up a 2 channel amp using line convertors off the original speaker wires in trunk or get speaker amps if i can find some somwhere and 6x9 swap.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
would love to change head unit but the hed unit controls chime and stuff no?

Are chimes the only loss if I take out my head unit?

Its a 07

·
Registered
802 Posts
would love to change head unit but the hed unit controls chime and stuff no?

Are chimes the only loss if I take out my head unit?

Its a 07
mine's an 07 as well i spent the money and got the install kit cost me bout 100 for the wiring harness to turn the chime's off and on and for the center peice... if you go this route i dunno if it does it to all but i had to turn my chime's off for my amp's to come one.. note this is a full aftermarket stero it'll be ok for stock tho.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So with this wiring harness I can just fully remove the factory head? I dont want my head unit in my trunk like I did on my Z24

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.