Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i got my new car it's fairly new not alot of miles on it, but i was wanting to ask.....somtimes if you get on it hard and you quick shift it to 2nd or 3rd and you don't hit it hard enough it feels like the clutch doesn't grab and just sits there spinning even though i know its in there....the guy before me took the stock shifter out and cut it shorter would that have any effect on it? or am i just a bad driver? cause it's only every once in awhile that it'll do it, it's in the gear foot is completely off the clutch but nothing you can feel it just spinning away in there. any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
how many miles are on it ? and did he put in an aftermarket clutch do you know ?

·
Registered
673 Posts
This is a very common problem on the stock clutch. You can solve this by making sure you always shift above 3k RPMs to avoid glazing, and by making sure you are not spinning the wheels and have the clutch completely disengaged before shifting. Then make sure the gear lever is completely in the next gear before you engage the clutch again. If you don't you will always get slip in the next gear.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
any way to have the clutch adjusted at all?...it fells like mine is letting out real high or do i just need a new one ?

·
Registered
75 Posts
any way to have the clutch adjusted at all?...it fells like mine is letting out real high or do i just need a new one ?
that's the way they are, they let out high. when i shift, i push my clutch less than halfway down, because it's totally disengaged by then.

to the op, like said you have to make sure the clutch is all the way out before you're on the gas.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.